Join our Pitmaster Club and help us help you. Benefits include:
• No more ads!
• The Pit forum with tons of info
• Scores of new recipes
• Monthly newsletter
• Video seminars with famous pitmasters
• Weekly podcast of news and interviews
• Comprehensive Temperature Magnet ($10 retail)
• Monthly giveaways of Gold Medal grills and smokers
• Discounts on products we love
• Educational and social Meat-Ups
• Support for Operation BBQ Relief
• Support for Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves
• Support for AmazingRibs.com!
• Money back guarantee
PigOut Roaster was started by British caterer, Alan Dickson. In 2007, Dickson immigrated to Canada and introduced PigOut Roaster. These high quality, unique cookers are designed to efficiently cook and display large amounts of food for big events. Made in Canada. All Sales are direct.
PigOut Roaster POR48
The PigOut Roaster POR 48 is their smallest all in one cooker for large capacity events and handles up to a 70 pound pig or lamb. This is a really clever design. Built in Canada, this ingenious stainless steel propane fired device has a motorized rotisserie for hogs and lambs that can also be used to hold optional shelves, ferris wheel style, for cooking other foods like chicken, brisket, ribs and corn, (below).
It is on large air filled tires so it can be moved easily, it has a cover so the meat cooks faster, the cover has windows so you can watch the food without opening, it has smoke boxes for added wood flavor, and a tray for carving over that doubles as a serving and warming tray and steam pan. They claim that it can roast a 60 pound pig in three hours. Their larger model CPOR60 is said to roast a 100 pound pig in five hours on less than 20 pounds of propane.
$5,250 Manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP), actual price may vary.
Combination Grill & Smoker
Pig or Lamb Roaster
Natural Gas Capable
1,510 square inches ( about 74 burgers )
Manufacturer claims that all or
practically all of this device is made in the USA
38. Heat Flux is the BTU per square inch and is a more useful measure of how much heat a grill delivers than BTU alone.
Researched it from Afar
We have researched this product from afar by gathering info from the manufacturer, owners, and other reliable sources, with our BS meters on high.