Join our Pitmaster Club and help us help you. Benefits include:
• No more ads!
• The Pit forum with tons of info
• Scores of new recipes
• Monthly newsletter
• Video seminars with famous pitmasters
• Weekly podcast of news and interviews
• Comprehensive Temperature Magnet ($10 retail)
• Monthly giveaways of Gold Medal grills and smokers
• Discounts on products we love
• Educational and social Meat-Ups
• Support for Operation BBQ Relief
• Support for Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves
• Support for AmazingRibs.com!
• Money back guarantee
La Caja China started in 1985 when Roberto Guerra was laboring over a pig roast with a makeshift cooker. His father recalled childhood memories in Cuba and how the family easily roasted whole pigs in a "Chinese Box". They reconstructed the simple design: a wooden box on a stand with an aluminum interior and a coal tray for a lid. The heat radiates into the cookbox and the lid seals it off, keeping the meat moist.
La Caja China gained popularity and today they produce several models, some with metal sides instead of wood, and a variety of spices, marinades and accessories.
La Caja China #2 Aluminum
This is a metal lined plywood box in which you place a small, splayed pig. On goes the lid and the coals go on top of the lid turning the box into a hot oven. Cooks fast and makes very crispy skin but the meat does not get smoky or a grilled flavor. Perfect for backyard parties and luaus.
$350 Manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP), actual price may vary.
Where To Buy (Buying from these suppliers supports this website):