Win a Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker DLX ($750 value)!
Summary. To win this Gold Medal smoker, post a selfie with the book "Meathead, The Science of Great Barbecue and Grilling" to our Facebook Page (you must be a FB member) and say why you love it. Include the hashtag #MeatheadTheBook and you're entered! Contest ends August 31, 2016. A winner will be selected by September 7 in a random drawing of qualified entries conducted by an independent sweepstakes administration company. To qualify, entrants must reside in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia and be at least 21 years old by July 26, 2016. Only one qualifying entry per Facebook account will be valid. No purchase necessary. Winners will be notified by Facebook Direct Message. Below are the details and the requisite leagalese.
Winner announcement from Meathead, added 9/9/2016: Thanks to the hundreds of you who showed us how much you love #MeatheadTheBook in our first ever Facebook selfie sweepstakes! We received scores of entries with much praise for our book and how it's helped you cook better, smarter and safer. We are truly humbled. The winner of the Camp Chef Pellet Smoker and Grill DLX is Miles Halpern of Batavia, Illinois (left). His entry was selected at random. Miles wrote, "I tried out the Camp Chef Smoker tonight. 3 racks of last meal baby back ribs with Meathead's Memphis dust. It was rainy, so that slowed things down a little, but otherwise worked out great. Invited some tasters over, and they approved. Thanks again. Looking forward to many cooks."
Official Rules For The AmazingRibs.com Facebook Selfie Sweepstakes
1) The "Sweepstakes Period" is from 12:00:01 am Central Time (CT) on July 26, 2016, ("Sweepstakes-Start") to 11:59:59 pm Central on August 31, 2016 ("Sweepstakes-End").
2) How to enter:Post a photo of yourself with the book “Meathead, The Science Of Great Barbecue And Grilling” to the Amazing Ribs Facebook page, caption must include the hashtag #MeatheadTheBook. No purchase required to enter. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning a prize. You may pose with a book that does not belong to you. All entries submitted become the property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned.
3) Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents residing in the 50 United States and DC (excluding all territories and external Commonwealths) who are at least 21 years old with a valid email address. Sweepstakes void where prohibited, licensed, restricted, or taxed. Employees, officers, directors, representatives and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and each of their spouses regardless of where they live) and/or members of the household of AmazingRibs.com ("Sponsor") and TMACO, LLC d/b/a The Marketing Agency ("Administrator"), their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising, design, web design, web hosting, legal advisors and publicity agencies, anyone connected with the production or distribution of this Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes Entities") and all prize providers, and any previous winners, are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize. Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
Entries that do not contain all the information requested will be disqualified. You may enter only once. You may not enter with multiple pictures and/or multiple Facebook identities nor may you use any other device or artifice to obtain more than one entry. Duplicate photos or texts or copies or other reproductions are not permitted. Without limitation, all of an entrant's entries will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, if entrant attempts (i) to enter the Sweepstakes through any means other than as described in these Official Rules; or (ii) provides information that is inaccurate or fraudulent; or (iii) attempts to disrupt the Sweepstakes or circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. All entries made in violation of these Official Rules will be void and ineligible to win a prize.
4) Winner Selection. At Sweepstakes-End, Sponsor will compile a list of all entrants and send it to TMACO, LLC d/b/a THE MARKETING AGENCY to select the winner at random. One (1) prize winner will be chosen in a random drawing. The potential winner will be notified within five (5) business days after the selection is made via Facebook Direct Message with the potential winning profile. The potential winners will have five (5) days to respond agreeing to accept the prize and supplying a complete shipping address (no PO Boxes will be accepted) and email address.
It is an entrant's responsibility to track his/her Facebook account as that is how s/he will be notified if s/he has been chosen as a potential winner. In the case of a dispute regarding who submitted a particular entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the Facebook page. The potential winner will then be sent an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release, and (where legal) Publicity Release by the Sponsor, via email, which will have to be completed, sent back to Sponsor within five (5) days of date of notification or it will be concluded definitively that the prize has been declined and forfeited for all time and, without further notice, an alternative winner will be selected in random drawings. Neither Sponsor nor Administrator is responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or insufficient space in entrant's email or phone account to receive email messages.
5) Prizes: Quantity, Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") and Odds: There will be one prize, one Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker DLX, shipping included. The prize may or may not be replaced with the same prize or a different prize in Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a different make or model of comparable value. All prizes are awarded "as is." ARV: Prize values MSRP $750.00. Odds of winning: Dependent on the total number of eligible entries.
6) General: By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Sweepstakes administration will be conducted by the Administrator, the independent judging organization, and Sponsor whose decisions are final and legally binding. No participant or winner shall have the right to contest any decision by Sponsor or the independent judging organization concerning any aspect of the Sweepstakes or the interpretation of the Official Rules or the determination as to the qualification of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for those who cannot access the Internet or Facebook for any period of time regardless of technical, hardware, software, telephone, Internet, virus contamination, or network problems, or for delay, failure or malfunction for any reason including, but not limited to, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors, human errors including, but not limited to, errors by Sponsor or Sponsor's representatives who enter incorrect information into any computer systems or by force majeure. Sponsor assumes no liability for damage caused to entrant's or any other person/entity's computer device or hardware, software or communications network, regardless of cause. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor's sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Sweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including force majeure or any other causes beyond Sponsor's control. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry from the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor's sole judgment entrant has not complied with these Official Rules.
7) The right to receive a prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and no prize substitution or transfer will be allowed except by Sponsor who may substitute a prize of comparable or greater value. A prize or prize notification that is returned as undeliverable will disqualify the potential winner and an alternative winner shall be selected in random drawings. In order to ship the prize the prospective winner must supply Sponsor with a picture of him/herself and complete a simple Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability, and Publicity Release.
8) This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of Florida. By entering this Sweepstakes, an entrant explicitly releases, discharges and holds harmless the Administrator and Sponsor and all their respective shareholders, estates and assigns, one and all, from any and all liability, actions, causes of action, damages, actual, incidental or consequential, claims and demands whatsoever in law or equity, including all "costs", which s/he now has or may acquire, by reason of any personal injury, death, loss of or damage to property, or any reason, occurring during or arising out of his/her participation or non-participation in the Sweepstakes and the acceptance and/or use or misuse of a prize. By accepting a prize, winner waives the right to (i) assert as a cost of winning the prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said prize, and (ii) claim any liability (including attorney's fees and costs) which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize (including any travel related thereto).
9) All federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances apply. If any provision of the Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If Sponsor is required by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, or by action of an administrative agency such as Facebook to cease offering the Sweepstakes in any jurisdiction, Sponsor reserves the right to (i) terminate the Sweepstakes in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or (ii) cancel and remove from participation in the Sweepstakes any and/or all entries from entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any Sweepstakes entrants. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10) Taxes. The US Government requires that sweepstakes winners pay taxes on their winnings. All taxes are winners' responsibility.
11) Errors and omissions. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions in any marketing materials or these Official Rules.
13) Disputes. Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded and all issues and questions concerning the validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction in Broward County, Florida and all entrants agree to Broward County as the venue for any legal action without regard to conflict of laws doctrine. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes and never shall include consequential, incidental or punitive damages, and in no event attorneys' or experts' fees. Some jurisdictions will not recognize the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Florida and/or do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
14) Publicity. Except where prohibited by law, by entering the Sweepstakes and as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes and winning a prize, you agree to the use by Sponsor and its designees of your name, photograph, statements, for advertising and promotional purposes for this and similar promotions, worldwide, and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised without additional compensation, review or approval rights, notification or permission.
15) Winners List. A Winners List will be available on or about two (2) weeks after the end of the Drawing Period, on AmazingRibs.com and/or http://Facebook.com/AmazingRibs.
16) Sponsor and Administrator. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by AmazingRibs.com, 3601 Prairie Ave, Brookfield, IL 60513 and administered by The Marketing Agency, 2881 East Oakland Park Blvd., Suite 425, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. These rules are copyright © 2016 AmazingRibs.com.