Annual Show Us Your Ribface Photo Contest
July 4 is the official ribs holiday so I invite you to post pictures of people eating ribs and compete for some very cool prizes. Below are the prizes and contest rules. Deadline is July 31, 2017.
• ThermoWorks Smoke is a very cool device with a transmitter attached to two probes and a remote receiver that you can put in your pocket or hang from a lanyard around your neck and carry up to 300 feet away while you watch the game or cut the lawn. Click here to read our complete thorough review of Smoke. A $99 value.
• GrillGrates prize pack including a three-panel set of grill grates, carrying bag, and their special spatula/tongs. An $85 value.
• Code3Spices party pack including all five of the Code3Spices rubs and one bottle each of Patriot Sauce and Spicy Patriot Sauce. A $37.45 value.
• ThermoWorks Classic Thermapen. Accurate, fast, and dependable for consistent temperature readings. A $79 value.
• Three panel set of GrillGrates and special their spatula/tongs ready to cook on. A $ 53 value.
• Code3Spices prize pack including a 3-pack of spice rubs and one bottle each of Patriot Sauce and Spicy Patriot Sauce a $ 28.95 value.
• ThermoWorks Dot: A very simple very accurate thermometer that can be used to get a quick read or it can be left in the meat. Compact in size and accurate to within 1°F. A $39 value.
• Code3Spices sauce sampler with one bottle each of Patriot Sauce and Spicy Patriot Sauce. A $10 value.
2017 contest rules and how to enter
Contest begins on July 4, 2017. Deadline for submission is July 31 at midnight.
You must have cooked the ribs in the picture outdoors sometime in the calendar year using one of our recipes as a guide. You don't have to follow the recipe precisely. Please tell us how you cooked the ribs and what tools you cooked with, especially if you did something fun and creative.
Amateur photographers only. My definition of an amateur is anyone who has not been paid for a photograph in the past year. You're on the honor system. Past winners are not eligible to win but are encouraged to submit new pix and show off. Employees of AmazingRibs.com, vendors, customers, advertisers, and the immediate families of any of these people are not eligible for prizes.
The prizes will be awarded solely on the merits of the photo as determined by Yours Truly. I have a Masters in Fine Arts and have in the past made my living as a professional photographer.
By entering you solemnly swear that you have adhered to these rules, and you agree to let us use your photo as we see fit on this website, in our newsletter, in books, or to promote this website and books.
Click here for tips on food photography.