Our Pitmaster Club can up your game!
• No more ads, faster page loads!
• "The Pit" forum with tons of info & scores of recipes
• Monthly newsletter
• Video seminars with top pitmasters
• Weekly podcast with news and interviews
• Comprehensive Temperature Magnet ($10 retail)
• Monthly giveaways of Gold Medal grills and smokers
• Discounts on products we love
• Educational and social Meat-Ups
• Support for Operation BBQ Relief
• Support for Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves
• Support for AmazingRibs.com!
Here's a deep dive into reverse searing. We've learned a few things since we shot this. First of all, the salt should go down before the oil so it lands on wet meat so it can dissolve. It won't dissolve and penetrate as well if the oil goes on first. And second, if I had moved mine over to the hot side at about 115°F instead of 120°F, the crust would have been darker.