Clove and allspice take homemade roasted pecans over the top.
Do you say PEE-cahn or pee-CAWN? These nuts have a pretty floral scent and a hint of sweetness, but not too much. The best part is that they are roasted at home on the grill so they are head and shoulders above anything you can buy at the store.
Fragrant Pecans Recipe
Be sure to visit our "how-to" post on party nuts here to learn more about grill roasted nuts including the best tools for grilling the nuts, suggested ingredients for customizing this and other recipes and so much more!
Course. Appetizer. Side Dish. Snack.
Cuisine. Southern. American.
Makes. 1 pound
Total time. 45 minutes
Cooling time. 2 hours
1 pound raw pecan halves
2 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons Morton's kosher salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
2 tablespoons sugar
1) Fire up. Preheat your grill/smoker to 225°F in the indirect zone.
2) Prep. Soak the nuts in water for about 10 minutes, then drain and pour onto a grill topper.
3) Cook. Smoke the nuts for about 30 minutes in the indirect zone.
4) When the nuts are nearly done, melt the butter in a frying pan over medium low heat. Add the salt, cinnamon, pepper, cloves, and allspice and stir for about 30 seconds. Add the smoked nuts and stir frequently for about 5 minutes. Dump into a bowl and stir in the sugar. Pour onto a pan and cool thoroughly.
5) Serve. Once cooled, serve the nuts or store in an airtight container.