Your guests are sure to devour these grill roasted cashews.
This recipe was inspired by David Lebovitz, a fine cook, a former pastry chef, and a book author living in Paris, with only minor changes. His blog is one of the food world's best and most popular. These nuts are super easy to make and are the perfect snack for a BBQ and grilling party.
Be sure to visit our "how-to" post on party nuts here to learn more about grill roasted nuts including the best tools for grilling the nuts, suggested ingredients for customizing this and other recipes and so much more!
Parisian Grill Roasted Cashews Recipe
By roasting cashews on the grill, you are able to add a deep smoky flavor that is sure to be a hit with party guests.
Course. Appetizer. Side Dish. Snack.
Cuisine. French. American.
Makes. 1 pound
Total time. 1 hour
Cooling time. 2 hours
1 pound raw cashews
2 tablespoons melted salted butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
1 teaspoon chipotle powder
3 tablespoons maple syrup
4 teaspoons Morton's kosher salt
1) Fire up. Preheat your grill/smoker to 225°F in the indirect zone.
2) Prep. Wet the nuts with running water and then put them on a grill topper and smoke for 30 minutes. Stir and flip them after about 15 minutes.
3) In a bowl, mix together the melted butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, chipotle, and maple syrup.
4) Add the warm nuts, and stir until the nuts are completely coated. Then stir in the salt.
5) Cook. Oil the grill topper and pour the nuts onto it and return to the smoker for about 15 minutes. Stir twice to make sure the sugar isn't clumping. The exact baking time will vary, but the nuts are done when they are nice and toasty, and the mixture is nicely glazed.
6) Remove from grill and cool completely, separating them as they cool. Cool thoroughly.
7) Serve. Once cooled, serve the nuts immediately or store in an airtight container.