Gold Medal Giveaways
Just look at these cool prizes! Each month a winner is selected in a random drawing conducted by an independent sweepstakes administration company. All active members of the Pitmaster Club are automatically entered. If you are not already a member of our Pitmaster Club, click here for more info and to join. If you are a member, make sure that your email program is set to accept email from AmazingRibs.com because we notify winners by email. We also post them in The Pit so be sure to check in regularly. Winners will get to choose from the prizes below. This sweepstakes is open only to legal residents residing in the 50 United States and DC who are at least 21 years old. Complete rules are at the bottom of this page.
Future winners get to chose from these great prizes:
Two prizes in one: A Weber grill and smoker combo, everything you need to cook anything you want.
Weber Performer Platinum 22.5" Charcoal Grill, MSRP $349
Platinum is the biggest and most sophisticated Weber Performer with a large cart that provides a good sized work surface, lower shelf and a removable LCD timer. A small propane burner under the charcoal grate makes firing up the Platinum almost as easy as starting a gas grill, and the ash catcher makes cleanup a snap. There's even a bin to hold charcoal and tool hooks. Made in the USA. Click here to read our complete review of the Weber Performer Platinum Charcoal Grill.
Weber Smokey Mountain Charcoal Smoker 18.5", MSRP $349
Good old Weber has been making this indestructible charcoal fired "bullet" for years and has made only minor tweaks. The new 2014s have a soft grommet on the right side where you can easily insert a thermometer probe. The body is the same enamelized steel as the Weber Kettle. We have one that's 16 years old and going strong. There is also a larger model, but we prefer this size because it is easier to keep the temp low. Most parts on this smoker are made in the USA. Click here to read our complete review of the Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5".
Modern Home Products WNK4 Gas Grill, MSRP $1,022
Modern Home Products pioneered the first gas grills in the early 1960s. This model harkens back to those days with a classic, super thick cast aluminum cookbox that is virtually indestructible and carries a limited lifetime warranty on just about everything. Instead of flavorizer bars over the burners to protect them and incinerate drips, it uses rust-proof, kiln fired, porcelain coated ceramic briquettes. The appearance may lack sizzle, but people who own these heavy aluminum grills get hooked on the way they cook. If you could see it through their eyes, it wouldn't look like a big black box at all. Still made in the USA in Antioch, IL. Click here to read our complete review of the Modern Home Products WNK4.
The Good-One Open Range, MSRP $1,099
The Good-One Open Range is a charcoal grill with a smoke chamber attached. The grill sits low in front and doubles as a firebox for the smoke chamber which is spliced on above and behind so it can work like a horizontal offset smoker only better. By placing the heat source under the smokebox instead of off to the side, Open Range produces even temperature from left to right, something almost impossible to achieve with a standard barrel offset. The Open Range has 360 square inches of primary cooking surface in the lower chamber and another 360 square inches in the rear chamber. Made in the USA. Click here to read our complete review of The Good-One Open Range.
Camp Chef Pellet Grill and Smoker DLX, MSRP $834
This entry level pellet smoker is loaded with great features. It has a digital controller like Traeger uses, but Camp Chef adds a dual LED readout for the included meat thermometer so you can toggle between cooking temperature and internal meat temperature. Pellet smokers are known to produce light smoke flavor. If you want more, Camp Chef's controller includes two low temperature settings that allow the wood pellets to smolder and produce extra smoke. Although pellets don't create much ash, it needs to be removed periodically, which is a pain on most other smokers because the greasy grates and drip pan must be lifted out to get at the burn pot. The DLX is one of the few models on the market with an ash removal system that deposits ash in a cup under the smoke box for easy disposal. Click here to read our complete review of the Camp Chef Pellet Smoker DLX.
Pit Barrel Cooker Smoker, MSRP $289
There's nothing else like it on the market. $289 delivered to your door. Open the box and start smoking. No assembly, no baby sitting and great results every time. If you've wanted to get a dedicated smoker or replace a cheapo rust bucket that never worked well anyway, the PBC beats anything in this price range hands down.
It's a variation on the Ugly Drum Smoker or UDS, but the drum is slightly smaller and, although it comes with a grate, for most recipes you hang the meat vertically from hooks - even turkeys! Your jaw will hit the deck as you pull one round of deliciously smoked meats after another from this magic drum with little more effort than trimming and seasoning. Furthermore the meat hanging method provides beaucoup capacity. PBC easily accommodates eight full slabs of ribs. Whether you're a novice or an award winning competitor (and competition teams now use them), Pit Barrel is a welcome addition to any backyard. Made in the USA. Click here to read our complete review of the Pit Barrel Cooker and to order one if you don't win.
Backwoods Chubby, MSRP $970
This little baby looks like a dorm fridge and it shares a lot in common with it. The walls are well insulated, the door latches tight, there's a clever reverse flow heat and smoke transit system, temp control is incredibly simple, and it can hold standard hotel pans. A water pan between the charcoal and the food keeps the cooking chamber moist. Made in the USA. Click here to read our complete review of the Backwoods Smoker Chubby.
Broil King Keg With Cover and your choice of accessories packages, MSRP $1,044
All kamados, including the Broil King Keg, are good at smoking, roasting, baking, and searing thin meats and the thick walls make them impervious to cold, but they're typically made of ceramic which is very heavy and can crack if dropped or knocked over. Not the BKK. It is made with modern, lightweight fiberglass encased in powder coated steel: not light enough to pick up and carry around but easy to lift off the base and pop onto the optional trailer hitch. And if it does get dropped it won't crack like Humpty Dumpty. Click here to read our complete review of the Broil King Keg. Pick One of Four Fun Packages:
- Ribber's Delight
Rib / Roast Rack
Apple Wood Chips
Whiskey Barrel Wood Chips
Silicone Mitt and Trivet
- Grilling Gourmet
Grilling Steel (11" x 13")
Pepper Roaster Rack
Karubecue C-60 Pit, MSRP $1450
Many believe stick burners, smokers that burn wood logs, produce the best smoked meat. But Cheap Offset Smokers don't work very well, and good, high-quality offsets require a commitment and learning curve that can be daunting to even serious Pitmasters. Inventor Bill Karau competed on the BBQ circuit and toured BBQ joints around his stomping ground in Texas for many years before designing a stick burner that produced perfect smoke from start to finish, every time, regardless of skill. Thus the Karubecue was born. At its crux is a patented Inverted Flame Firebox (IFF) which sucks heat and smoke from underneath a wood fire, not the top. Smoke is pulled through a red hot fire where it burns, sending clean, light blue smoke and heat into a thermostatically controlled oven.
The results are astonishing. If we could post a scratch and sniff picture of ribs smoked on the Karubecue there would be no need for any further explanation of why it made our 2015 Top Ten Best Value Backyard Smokers List. Alas, we cannot, so click here to read our complete review of the Karubecue C-60 Pit.
Snake River Farms BBQ Package And Ergo Chef 6 Piece Knife and Serving Set, MSRP $680
Snake River Farms carefully manages how their American "Kobe" (Wagyu/Angus cross bred cattle) and 100% purebred Berkshire (Kurobuta) hogs are raised from start to finish. The extraordinary care given to these special breeds makes them some of the finest meats available. Snake River employs many aspects of the Japanese feeding method which takes up to four times longer than traditional US cattle production methods, and they are one of the only brands offering 100% purebred Berkshire pork. Click here for more info about their superb meats. This exclusive collection includes
- 1 American "Kobe" (Wagyu/Angus cross) 14 to 17 pound brisket
- 2 American "Kobe" Ribeye 10 ounce filets
- 4 Kurobuta Spare Ribs
- 1 USDA Prime Bone-In Ribeye Cowboy Chop over pounds
Ergo Chef 6 Piece Knife and Serving Set
Ergo Chef is a new company on the move, manufacturing an impressive array of high quality knives for residential and professional use. EC's signature phrase, "My knife is smarter than yours" claims their ergonomic designs reduce the amount of effort needed to cut and keeps hand, wrist, and forearm in a straight, natural position. This fine 6 piece set, created exclusively for our Gold Medal Giveaways, includes a complete carve, serve, and eat set.
- 12" Prodigy Series Carver Knife
- 8" Fork
- 4 piece Pro-Series Steak Knife Set
Napoleon TravelQ 285X Portable Gas Grill with Cart and 3-Piece Tool Set, MSRP$420
Napoleon knocked this one out of the ballpark. TQ 285X is a large portable gasser with ample grill space, and the two burners with independent electronic ignition allow 2-zone cooking on a hot direct side and cooler indirect side. Snap the lid shut and it holds all internal parts firmly in place so they don't bang around while you pull the cart across rough surfaces.
The cart is by far the best we've seen in this popular collapsible design. Rock solid whether upright or flattened for transport this clever well-made device adapts to either position effortlessly in seconds. Click here to read our complete review of the Napoleon TravelQ 285X Portable Gas Grill with Cart.
The TravelQ 3- Piece Stainless Steel Multi-Tool Set is durable with heat resistant handles and a bottle opener hanger. The set includes grill tongs, a Chef's spatula and a 3-sided grilling brush. They are dishwasher-safe for an easy clean up.
A Tuition Scholarship To A Class With Champion Pitmaster Scottie Johnson , retail price $250
The Cancersuckschicago.com Competition Cooking Class with Scott Johnson and other top pitmasters is always sold out. Johnson has won numerous trophies, including the Grand Championship at the Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational. We think so much of Scott and his charitable cancer fighting foundation that AmazingRibs.com sponsors his team.
A Tuition Scholarship To A Class With Champion Pitmaster Harry Soo, retail price $375
Harry Soo is an award-winning Grand Champion pitmaster and cooking instructor, specializing in easy, mouth-watering recipes for the home cook. Winner of Season One of BBQ Pitmasters on TV, he has 27 Grand Championships and 80+ First Places including a history-making 1st place in all four categories in the 2009 Way Out West BBQ Championship. And he competes using one 18-inch Weber Smokey Mountain! His classes are sold out long in advance. Visit his website, SlapYoDaddyBBQ.com for recipes, blog, class schedules, catering, giveaway drawings, and more.
CyberQ from BBQ Guru, retail price $399
Poised at the top of the BBQ Guru line-up of temperature controllers for charcoal or log burning smokers, the CyberQ is for BBQ enthusiasts who want to achieve the ultimate in mastery and convenience of controlling their cooker's temperature and monitoring their food's internal temperatures through Wi-Fi technology. You can even program the CyberQ to send you an email when your food is done or if there is a drastic change in the cooker's temperature. Want to take a nap or watch the game? Easy, check cooking status with any device on your network that has a browser. The CyberQ has three food probes that will allow you to monitor a whole meal on your smoker!
Winners also get a case of Black Swan Gourmet BBQ Sauce
Many of you know Max Good as our Director of Equipment Reviews and Keeper of the Flame. Did you also know he manufactures Black Swan Gourmet BBQ Sauces, sold around the world? He has decided to pour a little sauce on our already tasty Gold Medal Giveaways. As a bonus prize, winners will receive a 12 bottle case of Black Swan sauces, four 18 ounce bottles of three sauces: Sweet Cognac (mild), Original (medium), and Beso Del Fuego (Kiss of Fire). That's a $60 value.
THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DC ONLY (EXCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL US TERRITORIES) AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW AND AMERICAN ENGLISH. YOU MUST BE THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE WITH A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO ENTER.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING A PRIZE.
1) The "Sweepstakes Period" is from 12:00:01 am Central Time (CT) May 1, 2015 ("Sweepstakes-Start") to 11:59:59 pm CT April 30, 2016 ("Sweepstakes-End"). There will be monthly drawings during certain months of the year in Sponsor's discretion (the "Drawing Periods"). Non-winning entries from one Drawing Period will not be rolled over to subsequent Drawing Periods. Sponsor's website clock is the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes for all purposes.
2) Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents residing in the 50 United States and DC (excluding all territories and external Commonwealths) who are at least the age of majority in their state of residence. Sweepstakes void where prohibited, licensed, restricted or taxed. Employees, officers, directors, representatives and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and each of their spouses regardless of where they live) and/or members of the household of AmazingRibs.com or Rupari Food Services ("Sponsor") and TMACO, LLC d/b/a THE MARKETING AGENCY ("Administrator"), their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising, design, web design, web hosting, legal advisors and publicity agencies, anyone connected with the production or distribution of this Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes Entities") and all prize providers are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize.
3) Two ways to enter
a) Pitmaster Club members automatically entered. During the Sweepstakes Period, this page will show the details of the monthly drawing being run. You will see the Drawing Period dates, the prizes that are available to be won and the Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"). If you are a member of the Pitmaster Club at any time during the monthly Drawing Period, you will automatically receive one (1) entry. To become a member of the Pitmaster Club go to http://amazingribs.com/pitmaster_club/about_the_pitmaster_club.html
b) No purchase required to enter. Send a postage-paid, 3.5" x 5.5" postcard with your hand-printed name, complete address, daytime phone number, date of birth and valid email address for which you are the authorized email user to: AmazingRibs.com "Pitmaster Club" Giveaways, c/o The Marketing Agency, PO Box 11919, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33339-1919. Your entry must be postmarked by the last day of the Drawing Period as indicated on the website and received no later than seven (7) days later. You will receive one (1) entry. Entries that do not contain all the information requested or are duplicates or oversized entries, copies and other mechanical reproductions are not permitted for mail-in entries and will be disqualified from drawings. Sponsor is not responsible for illegible, lost, late, misdirected, postage-due, damaged or incomplete entries. Proof of mailing an entry is not proof of receipt. "Authorized email user" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an online email service, Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address. It is an entrant's responsibility to track his/her email account as that is how s/he will be notified if s/he has been chosen as a potential Grand Prize winner. In the case of a dispute regarding who submitted a particular online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted on the entry form.
You may enter only once per Drawing Period regardless of method of entry. All entries made in violation of these Official Rules will be void and ineligible to win a prize. You may not enter with multiple email addresses and/or multiple identities nor may you use any other device or artifice to obtain more than the maximum number of entries allowed per Drawing Period. All discovered entries made in violation of these rules will be deleted.All entries submitted become the property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned.
4) Winner Selection: For each Drawing Period: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be chosen, up to 15 days after the end of each Drawing Period, in random drawings, from eligible Pitmaster Club entries awarded by the deadline of each Drawing Period and mail-in entries postmarked by the Drawing Period deadline for the Drawing Period in question and received up to seven (7) days later. The Grand Prize potential winners will be notified within five (5) business days after the selection is made via email, to the email address submitted during enrollment in the Pitmaster Club or as stated on the mail-in entry. The potential winners will have five (5) days to respond agreeing to accept the prize and supplying a complete mailing address (no PO Boxes will be accepted). The potential winners will then be sent an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and (where legal) Publicity Release by the Administrator, via email, which will have to be completed, notarized and faxed to Administrator within five (5) days of date on notification or it will be concluded definitively that the prize has been declined and forfeited for all time and, without further notice, an alternative winner will be selected in random drawings. Neither Sponsor nor Administrator is responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or insufficient space in entrant's email or phone account to receive email messages.
5) Prizes: Quantity, Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") and Odds: (1) Grand Prize per monthly Drawing: Your choice of one (1) prize item from those that are available on this page. When a prize is chosen, it may or may not be replaced with the same prize or a different prize in Sponsor's sole discretion. The choice of prizes available will be shown prior to the start of every Drawing Period. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a different make or model of comparable value. ARV: Initial Prize values will range from $250 to $1,600 depending on which prize is chosen. These values will change from month to month and will be shown on the prize page above prior to each monthly drawing. Odds of winning any prize: Dependent on the total number of eligible entries awarded during the Drawing Period in question and mail-in entries postmarked by the Drawing Period deadline for the Drawing Period in question and received up to seven (7) days later. All prizes are awarded "as is." Prizes that are "Tuition Scholarships" do not include travel to attend the class or any other expenses other than the tuition value. Should a greater number of prize claims be received because of printing, emailing, phoning, messaging, programming errors or for any reason whatsoever, only the prizes and the values stated in these Official Rules will be awarded in the sole discretion of the Administrator according to these Official Rules.
6) General: By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Sweepstakes administration will be conducted by the Administrator, the independent judging organization and Sponsor whose decisions are final and legally binding. No participant or winner shall have the right to contest any decision by Sponsor or the independent judging organization concerning any aspect of the Sweepstakes or the interpretation of the Official Rules or the determination as to the qualification of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for those who cannot access the Internet or cannot click-through for any period of time to become a Pitmaster Club member regardless of technical, hardware, software, telephone, Internet, virus contamination or network problems, or for delay, failure or malfunction for any reason including, but not limited to, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors, human errors including, but not limited to, errors by Sponsor or Sponsor's representatives who enter incorrect information into any computer systems or by force majeure. Sponsor assumes no liability for damage caused to entrant's or any other person/entity's computer device or hardware, software or communications network, regardless of cause. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor's sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Sweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including force majeure or any other causes beyond Sponsor's control. One (1) Drawing Period winner will be drawn from among all eligible entries awarded up to the time of cancellation/termination of that Drawing and mail-in entries postmarked by the date of cancellation/termination and received up to seven (7) days later. Further Drawings might not take place. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry from the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor's sole judgment entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. Without limitation, all of an entrant's entries will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, if entrant attempts (i) to enter the Sweepstakes through any means other than as described in these Official Rules; or (ii) provides information that is inaccurate or fraudulent; or (iii) attempts to disrupt the Sweepstakes or circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Only the prizes and the values listed in each Drawing Period shall be awarded.
7) The right to receive a prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and no prize substitution or transfer will be allowed except by Sponsor who may substitute a prize of comparable or greater value. A prize or prize notification that is returned as undeliverable will disqualify the potential winner and an alternative winner shall be selected in random drawings. In order to ship the prize the prospective winner must supply Sponsor with a picture of him/herself and complete a simple Affadavit of Eligibility, Liability, and Publicity Release.
8) This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of Florida. By entering this Sweepstakes, an entrant explicitly releases, discharges and holds harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and all their respective shareholders, estates and assigns, one and all, from any and all liability, actions, causes of action, damages, actual, incidental or consequential, claims and demands whatsoever in law or equity, including all "costs", which s/he now has or may acquire, by reason of any personal injury, death, loss of or damage to property, or any reason, occurring during or arising out of his/her participation or non-participation in the Sweepstakes and the acceptance and/or use or misuse of a prize. By accepting a prize, winner waives the right to (i) assert as a cost of winning the prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said prize, and (ii) claim any liability (including attorney's fees and costs) which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize (including any travel related thereto).
9) All federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances apply. If any provision of the Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If Sponsor is required by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, or by action of an administrative agency to cease offering the Sweepstakes in any jurisdiction, Sponsor reserves the right to (i) terminate the Sweepstakes in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or (ii) cancel and remove from participation in the Sweepstakes any and/or all entries from entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any Sweepstakes entrants. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. All taxes are winners' responsibility.
10) Errors and omissions. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions in any marketing materials or these Official Rules.
12) Disputes. Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded and all issues and questions concerning the validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction in Broward County, Florida and all entrants agree to Broward County as the venue for any legal action without regard to conflict of laws doctrine. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes and never shall include consequential, incidental or punitive damages, and in no event attorneys' or experts' fees. Some jurisdictions will not recognize the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Florida and/or do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
13) Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, by entering the Sweepstakes and as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes and winning a prize, you agree to the use by Sponsor and its designees of your name, photograph, statements, city and state for advertising and promotional purposes for this and similar promotions, worldwide, and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised without additional compensation, review or approval rights, notification or permission. YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF YOU ARE CHOSEN AS A WINNER, YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS WILL BE DISCLOSED TO THE SHIPPING COMPANY, AND OR THE PRIZE MANUFACTURER.
14) Winners List. A Winners List will be available on or about one (1) week after the end of each Drawing Period, on AmazingRibs.com. A winner for any Drawing Period will remain on the site for at least 30 days.
15) Sponsor and administrator. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by the AmazingRibs.com Division of Rupari Food Serevices, Inc., 3601 Prairie Ave, Brookfield, IL 60513 and administered by The Marketing Agency, 2881 East Oakland Park Blvd., Suite 425, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. These rules are copyright © 2015 The Marketing Agency.