Gold Medal Giveaways
Just look at these cool giveaways! All of them are AmazingRibs.com Best Value Gold Medal winners which means these are products we love. Each month on the first day of the month we will select the winner of the random drawing conducted by The Marketing Agency, an independent sweepstakes administration company. Members of the Pitmaster Club are automatically entered. If you are not already a member of our Pitmaster Club, click here for more info and to join. Winners will get to choose from the prizes below uness the prize has already been awarded.
This sweepstakes is open only to legal residents residing in the 50 United States and DC (excluding all territories and external Commonwealths) who are at least the age of majority in their state of residence. Complete rules are at the bottom of this page.
Future winners get to chose from these great prizes
MAK 1 Star General Pellet Smoker, MSRP $1,500
Built like a tank and it looks like it, MAK pellet smokers have our favorite digital controller. Built entirely in the USA, it is solid with a heavy duty powder coat. The hood is a roll top, meaning it does not need a lot of rear clearance like some of its competitors, and there is plenty of room inside. Click here to read our complete review of the MAK 1 Star General Pellet Grill.
Two prizes in one: A serious smoker and serious thermometer kit.
Pit Barrel Cooker Smoker, MSRP $289
There's nothing else like it on the market. $289 delivered to your door. Open the box and start smoking. No assembly, no baby sitting and great results every time. If you've wanted to get a dedicated smoker or replace a cheapo rust bucket that never worked well anyway, the PBC beats anything in this price range hands down.
It's a variation on the Ugly Drum Smoker or UDS, but the drum is slightly smaller and, although it comes with a grate, for most recipes you hang the meat vertically from hooks - even turkeys! Your jaw will hit the deck as you pull one round of deliciously smoked meats after another from this magic drum with little more effort than trimming and seasoning. Furthermore the meat hanging method provides beaucoup capacity. PBC easily accommodates eight full slabs of ribs. Whether you're a novice or an award winning competitor (and competition teams now use them), Pit Barrel is a welcome addition to any backyard. Made in the USA. Click here to read our complete review of the Pit Barrel Cooker and to order one if you don't win.
ThermoWorks Semi-Pro BBQ Kit, MSRP $157
Also at Meathead's request, Thermoworks has assembled a kit for the serious backyard cook at a bargain price. It comes with a superfast Mini Handheld Thermocouple Meter that you can plug into any of the three universal K type temperature probes that comes in the kit, and there are hundreds more you can buy.
Place the Armored Smokehouse Penetration probe in meat to monitor its progress, and place the High-Temp Flexible Ceramic Fiber-Insulated probe in the grill, or smoker to keep tabs on it. It can handle any temp you are likely to hit and because it is flexible you can get the sensor anywhere you want it. You can move the Mini meter from probe to probe and get rapid readings. And then there's the super thin Fast-Response Probe to spot check your meat or to use on thin cuts with precise readings in less than three seconds. The kit is $25 less than the items individually. Click here to order this kit from Thermoworks if you don't win.
Two prizes in one: A Weber grill and smoker combo, everything you need to cook anything you want.
Weber Performer Platinum 22.5" Charcoal Grill, MSRP $349
Platinum is the biggest and most sophisticated Weber Performer with a large cart that provides a good sized work surface, lower shelf and a removable LCD timer. A small propane burner under the charcoal grate makes firing up the Platinum almost as easy as starting a gas grill, and the ash catcher makes cleanup a snap. There's even a bin to hold charcoal and tool hooks. Made in the USA. Click here to read our complete review of the Weber Performer Platinum Charcoal Grill.
Weber Smokey Mountain Charcoal Smoker 18.5", MSRP $349
Good old Weber has been making this indestructible charcoal fired "bullet" for years and has made only minor tweaks. The new 2014s have a soft grommet on the right side where you can easily insert a thermometer probe. The body is the same enamelized steel as the Weber Kettle. We have one that's 16 years old and going strong. There is also a larger model, but we prefer this size because it is easier to keep the temp low. Most parts on this smoker are made in the USA. Click here to read our complete review of the Weber Smokey Mountain 18.5".
Saber Cast 500 P 3-Burner Infrared Gas Grill, MSRP $799
Saber is a newcomer debuting in 2011 and gaining popularity fast. They employ similar infrared designs developed by their parent company, Char-Broil, but Saber Grills are much better than anything bearing the Char-Broil name. If you like the ease of use provided by Char-Broil's TRU-Infrared, but want a better grill with a warranty to back it up, Saber is for you. They get real hot real fast, but are easy to dial back for 2-zone cooking. Saber is living proof that everything made in China is not inferior. Construction and fit and finish are comparable with many higher priced grills. Click here to read our complete review of the Saber Cast 500 P-Burner.
Camp Chef Pellet Grill and Smoker DLX, MSRP $834
This entry level pellet smoker is loaded with great features. It has a digital controller like Traeger uses, but Camp Chef adds a dual LED readout for the included meat thermometer so you can toggle between cooking temperature and internal meat temperature. Pellet smokers are known to produce light smoke flavor. If you want more, Camp Chef's controller includes two low temperature settings that allow the wood pellets to smolder and produce extra smoke. Although pellets don't create much ash, it needs to be removed periodically, which is a pain on most other smokers because the greasy grates and drip pan must be lifted out to get at the burn pot. The DLX is one of the few models on the market with an ash removal system that deposits ash in a cup under the smoke box for easy disposal. Click here to read our complete review of the Camp Chef Pellet Smoker DLX.
Napoleon Mirage PRO605CSS Charcoal Grill, MSRP $999
If you're committed to charcoal, but envious of your neighbor's shiny gasser, Mirage is the answer. Only a few premium and luxury brands offer stainless steel charcoal grills. Mirage is one of the more beautiful models we've seen in this price range. A Canadian manufacturer, Napoleon produces high quality equipment that often has unique features like the rear charcoal rotisserie burner found on this model. The adjustable charcoal grate makes it easy to drop the fire low for smoking and roasting, or lift it right below the grates for a screaming hot sear on steaks. This is a good size grill that can handle 29 burgers at a pop, or be set up for 2-zone cooking with ample capacity for ribs or roasts on the indirect side. Click here to read our complete review of the Napoleon Mirage PRO605CSS Charcoal Grill.
This little baby looks like a dorm fridge and it shares a lot in common with it. The walls are well insulated, the door latches tight, there's a clever reverse flow heat and smoke transit system, temp control is incredibly simple, and it can hold standard hotel pans. A water pan between the charcoal and the food keeps the cooking chamber moist. Made in the USA. Click here to read our complete review of the Backwoods Smoker Chubby.
A Tuition Scholarship To A Class With Champion Pitmaster Scottie Johnson , retail price $250
The Cancersuckschicago.com Competition Cooking Class with Scott Johnson and other top pitmasters is always sold out. Johnson has won numerous trophies, including the Grand Championship at the Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational. We think so much of Scott and his charitable cancer fighting foundation that AmazingRibs.com sponsors his team.
Modern Home Products WNK4 Gas Grill, MSRP $1,022
Modern Home Products pioneered the first gas grills in the early 1960s. This model harkens back to those days with a classic, super thick cast aluminum cookbox that is virtually indestructible and carries a limited lifetime warranty on just about everything. Instead of flavorizer bars over the burners to protect them and incinerate drips, it uses rust-proof, kiln fired, porcelain coated ceramic briquettes. The appearance may lack sizzle, but people who own these heavy aluminum grills get hooked on the way they cook. If you could see it through their eyes, it wouldn't look like a big black box at all. Still made in the USA in Antioch, IL. Click here to read our complete review of the Modern Home Products WNK4.
A Tuition Scholarship To A Class With Champion Pitmaster Harry Soo, retail price $375
Harry Soo is an award-winning Grand Champion pitmaster and cooking instructor, specializing in easy, mouth-watering recipes for the home cook. Winner of Season One of BBQ Pitmasters on TV, he has 27 Grand Championships and 80+ First Places including a history-making 1st place in all four categories in the 2009 Way Out West BBQ Championship. And he competes using one 18-inch Weber Smokey Mountain! His classes are sold out long in advance. Visit his website, SlapYoDaddyBBQ.com for recipes, blog, class schedules, catering, giveaway drawings, and more.
THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DC ONLY (EXCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL US TERRITORIES) AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW AND AMERICAN ENGLISH. YOU MUST BE THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE WITH A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO ENTER.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING A PRIZE.
1) The "Sweepstakes Period" is from 12:00:01 a.m. Central Time ("CT") on the first day of the month ("Sweepstakes-Start") to 11:59:59 p.m. CT on the last day of the month ("Sweepstakes-End"). All Pitmaster Club active members at the time of the drawing will be entered into that month's drawing (see #3 and #4 below). For mail-in entries, non-winning entries from one Drawing Period will not be rolled over to subsequent Drawing Periods. Sponsor's website clock is the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes for all purposes.
2) Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents residing in the 50 United States and DC (excluding all territories and external Commonwealths) who are at least the age of majority in their state of residence. Sweepstakes void where prohibited, licensed, restricted or taxed. Employees, officers, directors, representatives and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and each of their spouses regardless of where they live) and/or members of the household of AmazingRibs, Inc. ("Sponsor") and TMACO, LLC d/b/a THE MARKETING AGENCY ("Administrator"), their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising, design, web design, web hosting, legal advisors and publicity agencies, anyone connected with the production or distribution of this Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes Entities") and all prize providers are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize.
3) Two ways to enter
a) Pitmaster Club members automatically entered. During the Sweepstakes Period, this page will show the details of the monthly drawing being run. You will see the Drawing Period dates, the prizes that are available to be won and the Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"). If you are a member of the Pitmaster Club at any time during the monthly Drawing Period, you will automatically receive one (1) entry. To become a member of the Pitmaster Club go to http://amazingribs.com/pitmaster_club/about_the_pitmaster_club.html
b) No Purchase Entry. Send a postage-paid, 3.5" x 5.5" postcard with your hand-printed name, complete address, daytime phone number, date of birth and valid email address for which you are the authorized email user to: AmazingRibs "Pitmaster Club" Giveaways, c/o The Marketing Agency, PO Box 11919, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33339-1919. Your entry must be postmarked by the last day of the Drawing Period as indicated on the website and received no later than seven (7) days later. You will receive one (1) entry. Entries that do not contain all the information requested or are duplicates or oversized entries, copies and other mechanical reproductions are not permitted for mail-in entries and will be disqualified from drawings. Sponsor is not responsible for illegible, lost, late, misdirected, postage-due, damaged or incomplete entries. Proof of mailing an entry is not proof of receipt. "Authorized email user" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an online email service, Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address. It is an entrant's responsibility to track his/her email account as that is how s/he will be notified if s/he has been chosen as a potential Grand Prize winner. In the case of a dispute regarding who submitted a particular online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted on the entry form.
You may enter only once per Drawing Period regardless of method of entry. All entries made in violation of these Official Rules will be void and ineligible to win a prize. You may not enter with multiple email addresses and/or multiple identities nor may you use any other device or artifice to obtain more than the maximum number of entries allowed per Drawing Period. All discovered entries made in violation of these rules will be deleted.All entries submitted become the property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned.
4) Winner Selection: For each monthly Drawing Period: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be chosen, up to 15 days after the end of each Drawing Period, in random drawings, from eligible Pitmaster Club entries awarded by the deadline of each Drawing Period and mail-in entries postmarked by the Drawing Period deadline for the Drawing Period in question and received up to seven (7) days later. Certain individuals have been given complimentary memberships in the Pitmaster Club and are not eligible to win a prize. The first Drawing Period will end July 31, 2014. The Grand Prize potential winners will be notified within five (5) business days after the selection is made via email, to the email address submitted during enrollment in the Pitmaster Club or as stated on the mail-in entry. The potential winners will have five (5) days to respond agreeing to accept the prize and supplying a complete mailing address (no PO Boxes will be accepted). The potential winners will then be sent an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and (where legal) Publicity Release by the Administrator, via email, which will have to be completed, notarized and faxed to Administrator within five (5) days of date on notification or it will be concluded definitively that the prize has been declined and forfeited for all time and, without further notice, an alternative winner will be selected in random drawings. Neither Sponsor nor Administrator is responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or insufficient space in entrant's email or phone account to receive email messages.
5) Prizes: Quantity, Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") and Odds: (1) Grand Prize per monthly Drawing: Your choice of one (1) prize item from those that are available on this page. When a prize is chosen, it may or may not be replaced with the same prize or a different prize in Sponsor's sole discretion. The choice of prizes available will be shown prior to the start of every Drawing Period. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a different make or model of comparable value. ARV: Initial Prize values will range from $250 to $1,600 depending on which prize is chosen. These values will change from month to month and will be shown on the prize page above prior to each monthly drawing. Odds of winning any prize: Dependent on the total number of eligible entries awarded during the Drawing Period in question and mail-in entries postmarked by the Drawing Period deadline for the Drawing Period in question and received up to seven (7) days later. All prizes are awarded "as is." Prizes that are "Tuition Scholarships" do not include travel to attend the class or any other expenses other than the tuition value. Should a greater number of prize claims be received because of printing, emailing, phoning, messaging, programming errors or for any reason whatsoever, only the prizes and the values stated in these Official Rules will be awarded in the sole discretion of the Administrator according to these Official Rules.
6) General: By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Sweepstakes administration will be conducted by the Administrator, the independent judging organization and Sponsor whose decisions are final and legally binding. No participant or winner shall have the right to contest any decision by Sponsor or the independent judging organization concerning any aspect of the Sweepstakes or the interpretation of the Official Rules or the determination as to the qualification of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for those who cannot access the Internet or cannot click-through for any period of time to become a Pitmaster Club member regardless of technical, hardware, software, telephone, Internet, virus contamination or network problems, or for delay, failure or malfunction for any reason including, but not limited to, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors, human errors including, but not limited to, errors by Sponsor or Sponsor's representatives who enter incorrect information into any computer systems or by force majeure. Sponsor assumes no liability for damage caused to entrant's or any other person/entity's computer device or hardware, software or communications network, regardless of cause. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor's sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Sweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including force majeure or any other causes beyond Sponsor's control. One (1) Drawing Period winner will be drawn from among all eligible entries awarded up to the time of cancellation/termination of that Drawing and mail-in entries postmarked by the date of cancellation/termination and received up to seven (7) days later. Further Drawings might not take place. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry from the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor's sole judgment entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. Without limitation, all of an entrant's entries will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, if entrant attempts (i) to enter the Sweepstakes through any means other than as described in these Official Rules; or (ii) provides information that is inaccurate or fraudulent; or (iii) attempts to disrupt the Sweepstakes or circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Only the prizes and the values listed in each Drawing Period shall be awarded.
7) The right to receive a prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and no prize substitution or transfer will be allowed except by Sponsor who may substitute a prize of comparable or greater value. A prize or prize notification that is returned as undeliverable will disqualify the potential winner and an alternative winner shall be selected in random drawings. In order to ship the prize the prospective winner must supply Sponsor with a picture of him/herself and complete a simple Affadavit of Eligibility, Liability, and Publicity Release.
8) This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of Florida. By entering this Sweepstakes, an entrant explicitly releases, discharges and holds harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and all their respective shareholders, estates and assigns, one and all, from any and all liability, actions, causes of action, damages, actual, incidental or consequential, claims and demands whatsoever in law or equity, including all "costs", which s/he now has or may acquire, by reason of any personal injury, death, loss of or damage to property, or any reason, occurring during or arising out of his/her participation or non-participation in the Sweepstakes and the acceptance and/or use or misuse of a prize. By accepting a prize, winner waives the right to (i) assert as a cost of winning the prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said prize, and (ii) claim any liability (including attorney's fees and costs) which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize (including any travel related thereto).
9) All federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances apply. If any provision of the Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If Sponsor is required by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, or by action of an administrative agency to cease offering the Sweepstakes in any jurisdiction, Sponsor reserves the right to (i) terminate the Sweepstakes in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or (ii) cancel and remove from participation in the Sweepstakes any and/or all entries from entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any Sweepstakes entrants. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. All taxes are winners' responsibility and a 2014 or 2015, as applicable, IRS Form #1099 will be issued to the Grand Prize winners for the value of the prizes valued over $600.
10) Errors and omissions. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions in any marketing materials or these Official Rules.
12) Disputes. Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded and all issues and questions concerning the validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction in Broward County, Florida and all entrants agree to Broward County as the venue for any legal action without regard to conflict of laws doctrine. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes and never shall include consequential, incidental or punitive damages, and in no event attorneys' or experts' fees. Some jurisdictions will not recognize the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Florida and/or do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
13) Publicity: Except where prohibited by law, by entering the Sweepstakes and as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes and winning a prize, you agree to the use by Sponsor and its designees of your name, photograph, statements, city and state for advertising and promotional purposes for this and similar promotions, worldwide, and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised without additional compensation, review or approval rights, notification or permission. YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF YOU ARE CHOSEN AS A WINNER, YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS WILL BE DISCLOSED TO THE SHIPPING COMPANY, THE PRIZE MANUFACTURER.
14) Winners List. A Winners List will be available on or about one (1) week after the end of each Drawing Period, on AmazingRibs.com. A winner for any Drawing Period will remain on the site for at least 30 days.
15) Sponsor and administrator. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by AmazingRibs, Inc., 3601 Prairie Ave, Brookfield, IL 60513 and administered by The Marketing Agency, 2881 East Oakland Park Blvd., Suite 425, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. These rules are copyright © 2014 The Marketing Agency.
| Homepage | Table of Contents | About Us | Pitmaster Club | Newsletter |
| Tips & Techniques | Recipes | Equipment Reviews | BBQ Culture & History | Weights, Measures, Conversions |
| Privacy Promise, Terms of Service, Other Legal Stuff | Advertising & Sponsorship Opportunities |
This site is brought to you in part by readers who support us with their membership in our Pitmaster Club.
Click here to learn more about benefits to membership in the Pitmaster Club.