Gold Medal Giveaways
Just look at these cool prizes! Each month a winner is selected in a random drawing conducted by an independent sweepstakes administration company. All active members of the Pitmaster Club in the 50 United States and DC who are at least 21 years old are automatically entered. That means you have 12 chances per year. If you are not already a member of our Pitmaster Club, click here for more info and to join. If you are a member, make sure that your email program is set to accept email from AmazingRibs.com because we notify winners by email. We also post them in The Pit so be sure to check in regularly. Winners get to select from the prizes below. Click here to read the complete rules. If you are not a US resident, click here to read why you get all the other benefits of membership, but this one.
Future winners get to chose from these great prizes (plus a case of Black Swan BBQ sauce):
Blaze Cart Mounted 32" 4 Burner Gas Grill With Rear Rotisserie Burner, MSRP $2,250
Blaze is a new brand with an interesting history. Parent company, ShoppersChoice.com, carries a vast catalog of products for cooking, grilling and entertaining, including a variety of popular gas grill brands. This basic model has few frills, but is beautifully made in high grade 304 stainless steel with a seamless welded hood and 8 mm stainless rod grates. It has four heavy, cast stainless burners with 14,000 BTU each. An excellent variable temp, 10,000 BTU rear IR backburner is included for the optional rotisserie. Flame stabilizing grids blanket the burners to spread heat and reduce flare ups. Removable dividers between each of the main burners accentuate heat zone separation. On "High", it can hit 650°F, with the optional IR ceramic sear burner, Blaze blasts to 850°F. It's a breeze to swap out one of the mains for the sear burner, because all burners slide in and out of valve posts at the front by the control panel and are held in place by cotter pins at the back: No tools needed. Click here to read our complete review of the Blaze 32" 4-Burner with Rear Burner on Cart.
Broil King Keg 5000 With Cover, MSRP $1,044
All kamados, including the Broil King Keg, are good at smoking, roasting, baking, and searing thin meats and the thick walls make them impervious to cold, but they're typically made of ceramic which is very heavy and can crack if dropped or knocked over. Not the BKK. It is made with modern, lightweight fiberglass encased in powder coated steel: not light enough to pick up and carry around but easy to lift off the base and pop onto the optional trailer hitch. And if it does get dropped it won't crack like Humpty Dumpty. This is the Low & Slow Pro Package with Meat Claws, Marinade Injector, and Keg Diffuser Kit. Click here to read our complete review of the Broil King Keg 5000.
CyberQ from BBQ Guru, retail price $399
Poised at the top of the BBQ Guru line-up of temperature controllers for charcoal or log burning smokers, the CyberQ is for BBQ enthusiasts who want to achieve the ultimate in mastery and convenience of controlling their cooker's temperature and monitoring their food's internal temperatures through Wi-Fi technology. You can even program the CyberQ to send you an email when your food is done or if there is a drastic change in the cooker's temperature. Want to take a nap or watch the game? Easy, check cooking status with any device on your network that has a browser. The CyberQ has three food probes that will allow you to monitor a whole meal on your smoker!
The Good-One Open Range, MSRP $1,099
The Good-One Open Range is a charcoal grill with a smoke chamber attached. The grill sits low in front and doubles as a firebox for the smoke chamber which is spliced on above and behind so it can work like a horizontal offset smoker only better. By placing the heat source under the smokebox instead of off to the side, Open Range produces even temperature from left to right, something almost impossible to achieve with a standard barrel offset. The Open Range has 360 square inches of primary cooking surface in the lower chamber and another 360 square inches in the rear chamber. Made in the USA. Click here to read our complete review of The Good-One Open Range.
Green Mountain Grills Daniel Boone Wi-Fi Pellet Smoker Package, MSRP $896
Green Mountain Grills has produced quality, affordable, technologically advanced pellet smokers since 2008. Some competitors are trying to catch up by introducing features like an integrated meat probe, which has been standard on Green Mountains for years. This mid-size model has 456 square inches of stainless steel grate primary cook surface and is Wi-Fi enabled. The Wi-Fi feature allows you to control and monitor your smoker from a smart phone! The GMG Wi-Fi Package also includes a cover, each blend of their pellets and their new expandable smoking tube. Click here for the full review of the Green Mountain Daniel Boone Pellet Smoker.
Hasty-Bake Gourmet 256 Dual Finish Charcoal Grill, MSRP $1,399
Since 1948 Hasty Bake has made charcoal cookers with a unique design that specifically enables owners to easily and effectively smoke, grill and super-sear with one unmodified cooker and no optional add-on devices. The adjustable coal tray moves up and down with a crank on the left side. A large door on the right side gives complete access to the charcoal tray to easily add coal and move it around for 2-zone cooking. There is a removable heat deflector above the coal grate to improve indirect cooking. In addition to the 522 square inches of main cooking surface, it has an upper rack and a glass window to keep an eye on the food inside. Hasty-Bakes are made to last and many families hold onto them for generations. The company even offers restoration on old models. Our president, Meathead, says it is his favorite grill. Period. Made in the USA. Click here to read our complete review of the Hasty-Bake Gourmet 256 Dual Finish Charcoal Grill.
Modern Home Products JNR4 Gas Grill, MSRP $1,083
Modern Home Products pioneered the first gas grills in the early 1960s. This model harkens back to those days with a classic, super thick cast aluminum cookbox that is virtually indestructible and carries a limited lifetime warranty on just about everything. Instead of flavorizer bars over the burners to protect them and incinerate drips, it uses rust-proof, kiln fired, porcelain coated ceramic briquettes. The appearance may lack sizzle, but people who own these heavy aluminum grills get hooked on the way they cook. If you could see it through their eyes, it wouldn't look like a big black box at all. Still made in the USA in Antioch, IL. Click here to read our complete review of the Modern Home Products JNR4.
Napoleon TravelQ 285X Portable Gas Grill with Cart and 3-Piece Tool Set, MSRP $420
Napoleon knocked this one out of the ballpark. TQ 285X is a large portable gasser with ample grill space, and the two burners with independent electronic ignition allow 2-zone cooking on a hot direct side and cooler indirect side. Snap the lid shut and it holds all internal parts firmly in place so they don't bang around while you pull the cart across rough surfaces.
The cart is by far the best we've seen in this popular collapsible design. Rock solid whether upright or flattened for transport this clever well-made device adapts to either position effortlessly in seconds. Click here to read our complete review of the Napoleon TravelQ 285X Portable Gas Grill with Cart.
The TravelQ 3- Piece Stainless Steel Multi-Tool Set is durable with heat resistant handles and a bottle opener hanger. The set includes grill tongs, a Chef's spatula and a 3-sided grilling brush. They are dishwasher-safe for an easy clean up.
Two prizes in one worth $899!
1) Pit Barrel Cooker, MSRP $299
There's nothing else like it on the market. $299 delivered to your door. Open the box and start smoking. No assembly, no baby sitting and great results every time. If you've wanted to get a dedicated smoker or replace a cheapo rust bucket that never worked well anyway, the PBC beats anything in this price range hands down.
It's a variation on the Ugly Drum Smoker or UDS, but the drum is slightly smaller and, although it comes with a grate, for most recipes you hang the meat vertically from hooks - even turkeys! Your jaw will hit the deck as you pull one round of deliciously smoked meats after another from this magic drum with little more effort than trimming and seasoning. Furthermore the meat hanging method provides beaucoup capacity. PBC easily accommodates eight full slabs of ribs. Whether you're a novice or an award winning competitor (and competition teams now use them), Pit Barrel is a welcome addition to any backyard. Made in the USA. Click here to read our complete review of the Pit Barrel Cooker and to order one if you don't win.
2) Ergo Chef's Symon and Mixon Complete Grill and Knife Set, MSRP $500
We've got you covered with one of the coolest BBQ tools Sets around, including special designs by James Beard Award winning Chef, Michael Symon and Pitmaster, Myron Mixon. You get eight Michael Symon Steak knives with Ergo Chef's durable G10 handles and German Steel Serrated Blades, Myron Mixon's new 3-in-1 knife/hook/bottle opener Pitmaster Grill Tool, 15" DUO Tongs with 500 degree Silicone & Steel head, 12" Prodigy Slicing knife perfect for slicing up your award winning brisket, and a 5 Pocket Knife Case with zipper to safely store the whole shebang.
Snake River Farms BBQ Package, MSRP $450
Snake River Farms carefully manages how their American "Kobe" (Wagyu/Angus cross bred cattle) and 100% purebred Berkshire (Kurobuta) hogs are raised from start to finish. The extraordinary care given to these special breeds makes them some of the finest meats available. Snake River employs many aspects of the Japanese feeding method which takes up to four times longer than traditional US cattle production methods, and they are one of the only brands offering 100% purebred Berkshire pork. Click here for more info about their superb meats. This exclusive collection includes
- 1 American "Kobe" (Wagyu/Angus cross) 14 to 17 pound brisket
- 2 American "Kobe" Ribeye 10 ounce filets
- 4 Kurobuta Spare Ribs
- 1 USDA Prime Bone-In Ribeye Cowboy Chop over pounds
A Tuition Scholarship To A Class With Champion Pitmaster Scottie Johnson, retail price $250
The CancerSucksChicago.com Competition Cooking Class with Scott Johnson and other top pitmasters is always sold out. Johnson has won numerous trophies, including the Grand Championship at the Jack Daniel's World Championship Invitational. We think so much of Scott and his charitable cancer fighting foundation that AmazingRibs.com sponsors his team.
A Tuition Scholarship To A Class With Champion Pitmaster Harry Soo, retail price $375
Harry Soo is an award-winning Grand Champion pitmaster and cooking instructor, specializing in easy, mouth-watering recipes for the home cook. Winner of Season One of BBQ Pitmasters on TV, he has 27 Grand Championships and 80+ First Places including a history-making 1st place in all four categories in the 2009 Way Out West BBQ Championship. And he competes using one 18-inch Weber Smokey Mountain! His classes are sold out long in advance. Visit his website, SlapYoDaddyBBQ.com for recipes, blog, class schedules, catering, giveaway drawings, and more.
All winners also get a case of Black Swan Gourmet BBQ Sauce
Many of you know Max Good as our Director of Equipment Reviews and Keeper of the Flame. Did you also know he manufactures Black Swan Gourmet BBQ Sauces, sold around the world? He has decided to pour a little sauce on our already tasty Gold Medal Giveaways. As a bonus prize, winners will receive a 12 bottle case of Black Swan sauces, four 18 ounce bottles of three sauces: Sweet Cognac (mild), Original (medium), and Beso Del Fuego (Kiss of Fire). That's a $60 value.
THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DC ONLY (EXCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ALL US TERRITORIES) AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW AND AMERICAN ENGLISH. YOU MUST BE THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN YOUR STATE OF RESIDENCE WITH A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS TO ENTER.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING A PRIZE.
1) The "Sweepstakes Period" is from 12:00:01 am Central Time (CT) on the first day of the month ("Sweepstakes-Start") to 11:59:59 pm Central on the last day of the month ("Sweepstakes-End"). There will be monthly drawings during certain months of the year in Sponsor's discretion (the "Drawing Periods"). Non-winning entries from one Drawing Period will not be rolled over to subsequent Drawing Periods. Sponsor's website clock is the official timekeeper for this Sweepstakes for all purposes.
2) Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents residing in the 50 United States and DC (excluding all territories and external Commonwealths) who are at least the age of majority in their state of residence. Sweepstakes void where prohibited, licensed, restricted, or taxed. Employees, officers, directors, representatives and their immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings, and each of their spouses regardless of where they live) and/or members of the household of AmazingRibs.com ("Sponsor") employees and TMACO, LLC d/b/a THE MARKETING AGENCY ("Administrator"), their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, advertising, design, web design, web hosting, legal advisors and publicity agencies, anyone connected with the production or distribution of this Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes Entities") and all prize providers, and any previous winners, are not eligible to enter or be awarded a prize.
3) Two ways to enter
a) Pitmaster Club members automatically entered. During the Sweepstakes Period, this page will show the details of the monthly drawing being run. You will see the Drawing Period dates, the prizes that are available to be won and the Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"). If you are a member of the Pitmaster Club at any time during the monthly Drawing Period, you will automatically receive one (1) entry. To become a member of the Pitmaster Club go to http://amazingribs.com/pitmaster_club/index.html
b) No purchase required to enter. Send a postage-paid, 3.5" x 5.5" postcard with your hand-printed name, complete address, daytime phone number, date of birth and valid email address for which you are the authorized email user to: AmazingRibs.com "Pitmaster Club" Giveaways, c/o The Marketing Agency, PO Box 11919, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33339-1919. Your entry must be postmarked by the last day of the Drawing Period as indicated on the website and received no later than seven (7) days later. You will receive one (1) entry. Entries that do not contain all the information requested or are duplicates or oversized entries, copies and other mechanical reproductions are not permitted for mail-in entries and will be disqualified from drawings. Sponsor is not responsible for illegible, lost, late, misdirected, postage-due, damaged or incomplete entries. Proof of mailing an entry is not proof of receipt. "Authorized email user" is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address by an online email service, Internet access provider, online service provider or organization (e.g. business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the email address. It is an entrant's responsibility to track his/her email account as that is how s/he will be notified if s/he has been chosen as a potential Grand Prize winner. In the case of a dispute regarding who submitted a particular online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted on the entry form.
You may enter only once per Drawing Period regardless of method of entry. All entries made in violation of these Official Rules will be void and ineligible to win a prize. You may not enter with multiple email addresses and/or multiple identities nor may you use any other device or artifice to obtain more than the maximum number of entries allowed per Drawing Period. All discovered entries made in violation of these rules will be deleted.All entries submitted become the property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned.
4) Winner Selection. For each Drawing Period: One (1) Grand Prize winner will be chosen, up to 15 days after the end of each Drawing Period, in random drawings, from eligible Pitmaster Club entries awarded by the deadline of each Drawing Period and mail-in entries postmarked by the Drawing Period deadline for the Drawing Period in question and received up to seven (7) days later. The Grand Prize potential winners will be notified within five (5) business days after the selection is made via email, to the email address submitted during enrollment in the Pitmaster Club or as stated on the mail-in entry. The potential winners will have five (5) days to respond agreeing to accept the prize and supplying a complete mailing address (no PO Boxes will be accepted). The potential winners will then be sent an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and (where legal) Publicity Release by the Sponsor, via email, which will have to be completed, notarized and faxed to Administrator within five (5) days of date on notification or it will be concluded definitively that the prize has been declined and forfeited for all time and, without further notice, an alternative winner will be selected in random drawings. Neither Sponsor nor Administrator is responsible for electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind or insufficient space in entrant's email or phone account to receive email messages.
5) Prizes: Quantity, Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") and Odds: (1) Grand Prize per monthly Drawing: Your choice of one (1) prize item from those that are available on this page. When a prize is chosen, it may or may not be replaced with the same prize or a different prize in Sponsor's sole discretion. The choice of prizes available will be shown prior to the start of every Drawing Period. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a different make or model of comparable value. ARV: Initial Prize values will range from $250 to $1,600 depending on which prize is chosen. These values will change from month to month and will be shown on the prize page above prior to each monthly drawing. Odds of winning any prize: Dependent on the total number of eligible entries awarded during the Drawing Period in question and mail-in entries postmarked by the Drawing Period deadline for the Drawing Period in question and received up to seven (7) days later. All prizes are awarded "as is." Prizes that are "Tuition Scholarships" do not include travel to attend the class or any other expenses other than the tuition value. Should a greater number of prize claims be received because of printing, emailing, phoning, messaging, programming errors or for any reason whatsoever, only the prizes and the values stated in these Official Rules will be awarded in the sole discretion of the Administrator according to these Official Rules.
6) General: By participating in this Sweepstakes, you agree to be bound by these Official Rules. Sweepstakes administration will be conducted by the Administrator, the independent judging organization and Sponsor whose decisions are final and legally binding. No participant or winner shall have the right to contest any decision by Sponsor or the independent judging organization concerning any aspect of the Sweepstakes or the interpretation of the Official Rules or the determination as to the qualification of entries. Sponsor is not responsible for those who cannot access the Internet or cannot click-through for any period of time to become a Pitmaster Club member regardless of technical, hardware, software, telephone, Internet, virus contamination or network problems, or for delay, failure or malfunction for any reason including, but not limited to, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors, human errors including, but not limited to, errors by Sponsor or Sponsor's representatives who enter incorrect information into any computer systems or by force majeure. Sponsor assumes no liability for damage caused to entrant's or any other person/entity's computer device or hardware, software or communications network, regardless of cause. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor's sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Sweepstakes has been, or could be, compromised or that the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including force majeure or any other causes beyond Sponsor's control. One (1) Drawing Period winner will be drawn from among all eligible entries awarded up to the time of cancellation/termination of that Drawing and mail-in entries postmarked by the date of cancellation/termination and received up to seven (7) days later. Further Drawings might not take place. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entry from the Sweepstakes if in Sponsor's sole judgment entrant has not complied with these Official Rules. Without limitation, all of an entrant's entries will be disqualified, at the sole discretion of Sponsor, if entrant attempts (i) to enter the Sweepstakes through any means other than as described in these Official Rules; or (ii) provides information that is inaccurate or fraudulent; or (iii) attempts to disrupt the Sweepstakes or circumvent the terms and conditions of these Official Rules. Only the prizes and the values listed in each Drawing Period shall be awarded.
7) The right to receive a prize is non-assignable and non-transferable and no prize substitution or transfer will be allowed except by Sponsor who may substitute a prize of comparable or greater value. A prize or prize notification that is returned as undeliverable will disqualify the potential winner and an alternative winner shall be selected in random drawings. In order to ship the prize the prospective winner must supply Sponsor with a picture of him/herself and complete a simple Affadavit of Eligibility, Liability, and Publicity Release.
8) This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of Florida. By entering this Sweepstakes, an entrant explicitly releases, discharges and holds harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and all their respective shareholders, estates and assigns, one and all, from any and all liability, actions, causes of action, damages, actual, incidental or consequential, claims and demands whatsoever in law or equity, including all "costs", which s/he now has or may acquire, by reason of any personal injury, death, loss of or damage to property, or any reason, occurring during or arising out of his/her participation or non-participation in the Sweepstakes and the acceptance and/or use or misuse of a prize. By accepting a prize, winner waives the right to (i) assert as a cost of winning the prize any and all costs of verification and redemption or travel to redeem said prize, and (ii) claim any liability (including attorney's fees and costs) which might arise from redeeming or seeking to redeem said prize (including any travel related thereto).
9) All federal, state and local laws, regulations and ordinances apply. If any provision of the Sweepstakes shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect. If Sponsor is required by applicable federal, state or local law, regulation or ordinance, or by action of an administrative agency to cease offering the Sweepstakes in any jurisdiction, Sponsor reserves the right to (i) terminate the Sweepstakes in such jurisdiction in its entirety, and/or (ii) cancel and remove from participation in the Sweepstakes any and/or all entries from entrants residing in such jurisdiction, without penalty and without obligation to any Sweepstakes entrants. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
10) Taxes. The US Government requires that sweepstakes winners pay taxes on their winnings. All taxes are winners' responsibility.
11) Errors and omissions. Sweepstakes Entities shall not be responsible for technical, pictorial, typographical or editorial errors or omissions in any marketing materials or these Official Rules.
13) Disputes. Entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prize awarded and all issues and questions concerning the validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction in Broward County, Florida and all entrants agree to Broward County as the venue for any legal action without regard to conflict of laws doctrine. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes and never shall include consequential, incidental or punitive damages, and in no event attorneys' or experts' fees. Some jurisdictions will not recognize the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Florida and/or do not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability for incidental or consequential damages, so the above may not apply to you.
14) Publicity. Except where prohibited by law, by entering the Sweepstakes and as a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes and winning a prize, you agree to the use by Sponsor and its designees of your name, photograph, statements, city and state for advertising and promotional purposes for this and similar promotions, worldwide, and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known or hereafter devised without additional compensation, review or approval rights, notification or permission. YOU FURTHER ACKNOWLEDGE THAT IF YOU ARE CHOSEN AS A WINNER, YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS WILL BE DISCLOSED TO THE SHIPPING COMPANY, AND OR THE PRIZE MANUFACTURER.
15) Winners List. A Winners List will be available on or about one (1) week after the end of each Drawing Period, on AmazingRibs.com. A winner for any Drawing Period will remain on the site for at least 30 days.
16) Sponsor and administrator. This Sweepstakes is sponsored by the AmazingRibs.com, 3601 Prairie Ave, Brookfield, IL 60513 and administered by The Marketing Agency, 2881 East Oakland Park Blvd., Suite 425, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33306.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners. These rules are copyright © 2016 The Marketing Agency.
Why is the Gold Medal Giveaway limited to US residents?
Most countries have laws governing contests like this to make sure they are honest. In the US they are regulated by the Federal Trade Commission. It cost us $3,000 to have lawyers write the rules above that put us in compliance with US law and we pay an annual fee to have the winner drawn at random by a third party. We have members in more than 20 countries and we could never afford to do legal compliance for all of them. In addition, many of the manufacturers do not ship outside the US, and even if they did, the shipping costs and customs charges are prohibitive. But there are many many other good reasons to join.