Another Good Idea That Just Doesn’t Cut It In The Real World
This device uses a woven stainless steel pad that does a great job of cleaning the grates. At first. It sounds great in theory, and it gets good reviews from others who haven’t really used it, but performance is another thing. In theory, the scrubber can be removed and run through the dishwasher, but if it is greasy, it can really slime the dishwasher and anything in there. When the scrubber gets disgusting and starts falling apart, you can buy replacements, but they are not cheap, and they break down quickly. Before long, it begins to slide side to side and unravel. You have to be careful, because when it starts to disintegrate, the woven steel can fall off onto the grill and could get into your food.
Click here to check prices and to order on Amazon
High quality websites are expensive to run. If you help us, we’ll pay you back bigtime with an ad-free experience and a lot of freebies!
Millions come to AmazingRibs.com every month for high quality tested recipes, tips on technique, science, mythbusting, product reviews, and inspiration. But it is expensive to run a website with more than 2,000 pages and we don’t have a big corporate partner to subsidize us.
Our most important source of sustenance is people who join our Pitmaster Club. But please don’t think of it as a donation. Members get MANY great benefits. We block all third-party ads, we give members free ebooks, magazines, interviews, webinars, more recipes, a monthly sweepstakes with prizes worth up to $2,000, discounts on products, and best of all a community of like-minded cooks free of flame wars. Click below to see all the benefits, take a free 30 day trial, and help keep this site alive.
Post comments and questions below
1) Please try the search box at the top of every page before you ask for help.
2) Try to post your question to the appropriate page.
3) Tell us everything we need to know to help such as the type of cooker and thermometer. Dial thermometers are often off by as much as 50°F so if you are not using a good digital thermometer we probably can’t help you with time and temp questions. Please read this article about thermometers.
4) If you are a member of the Pitmaster Club, your comments login is probably different.
5) Posts with links in them may not appear immediately.