AmazingRibs.com strives to be the most professional and reliable source of product reviews for outdoor cooks. We have tested hundreds of grills and smokers, hundreds of thermometers, kitchen supplies, books, and more. We have the world’s only full-time grill and smoker tester and an electrical engineer testing thermometers.
The AmazingRibs.com Best Value Medals are based on (1) features, (2) construction quality, and (3) value. Rarely will a $400 Gold Medal be in the same quality league as an $800 Gold Medal or a $1,200 Gold Medal, so it is important that you read the reviews to see what we say about the construction quality and features.
- Best New Products of The Year. Each year our team of experts selects the best new products in different categories.
- Platinum Medal = *****. Our highest award, given only to the very best values in a price category, our strongest buy recommendation.
- Gold Medal = ****. Among the best of its type in its price category. A strong buy recommendation.
- Silver Medal = ***. A fine product among the best in its price category with some minor shortcomings. Recommended for purchase if a Gold Medal is not available.
- Bronze Medal = **. A good product, better than average, but may be lacking compared to higher rated products. Worth considering if you cannot find or afford a Gold or Silver Medal.
- Not Recommended = *. A product that we think is a poor choice.
- Not Judged Yet = No Stars. A product that may be award caliber, but we do not know enough about it yet to give it an award.
How we review
We purchase many of the products we review although often suppliers send us samples. Suppliers are never charged to have products reviewed or be included in our listings. We adhere to the the Federal Trade Commission regulations of 2009.
We review only finished products that are on the open market and in retail packaging. No prototypes or kickstarters. We call ’em as we see ’em. These are truly unbiased reviews. We do not make or sell anything that competes with products we review, and our advertising is sold by third party ad networks. We do not accept sponsored articles, paid articles, or junkets. We disclose our relationships, policies, and business practices. Readers will always know the difference between editorial and advertising. We always present our honest opinions to the best of our ability. We own our words. Even if we occasionally have to eat them. No ketchup allowed.
Rest assured that when we recommend a product, it is because we like it, not because someone has paid us to say so or because the company is an advertiser. Likewise, if you submit a product, be prepared for the possibility we will give it a poor score. We usually give manufacturers to read the review to make sure it is factual, but they cannot change our opinions.
Spotlight on our favorite products
The Cool Kettle With The Hinged Hood We Always Wanted
It’s hard to beat a Weber kettle, but Napoleon holds its own and adds some unique features to make their 22″ Pro Cart a great alternative!
Click here for more about what makes this grill special.
– THIS IS NOT AN AD –
After we are done with samples we often give them away, we never sell them. Many of the nearby fire departments have nice new grills because of this policy.
Click here for details on our How We Test Grills And Smokers
Click here for details on Best Thermometers For Food And Cooking and how we test
Attention manufacturers, merchants, ad agencies, and others
If you have a product you want us to review, contact us. Max Good is our full time Grill and Smoker Tester. Bill McGrath, an electrical engineer, is our Thermometer Tester. If you have earned an “AmazingRibs.com Best Value Medal”, there is no licensing fee to use copies of the artwork, but you must contact us for permission first. If you need them, high resolution color and black & white versions are also available. If you refer to your medal in publicity or on your website, please call it by its proper name: the “AmazingRibs.com Best Value Platinum Medal, “AmazingRibs.com Best Value Gold Medal,” “AmazingRibs.com Best Value Silver Medal,” or “AmazingRibs.com Best Value Bronze Medal.” On the internet, you should link to this page.
High quality websites are expensive to run. If you help us, we’ll pay you back bigtime with an ad-free experience and a lot of freebies!
Millions come to AmazingRibs.com every month for high quality tested recipes, tips on technique, science, mythbusting, product reviews, and inspiration. But it is expensive to run a website with more than 2,000 pages and we don’t have a big corporate partner to subsidize us.
Our most important source of sustenance is people who join our Pitmaster Club. But please don’t think of it as a donation. Members get MANY great benefits. We block all third-party ads, we give members free ebooks, magazines, interviews, webinars, more recipes, a monthly sweepstakes with prizes worth up to $2,000, discounts on products, and best of all a community of like-minded cooks free of flame wars. Click below to see all the benefits, take a free 30 day trial, and help keep this site alive.
Post comments and questions below
1) Please try the search box at the top of every page before you ask for help.
2) Try to post your question to the appropriate page.
3) Tell us everything we need to know to help such as the type of cooker and thermometer. Dial thermometers are often off by as much as 50°F so if you are not using a good digital thermometer we probably can’t help you with time and temp questions. Please read this article about thermometers.
4) If you are a member of the Pitmaster Club, your comments login is probably different.
5) Posts with links in them may not appear immediately.