Seriously. You need this simple Italian dressing in your life.
There are countless variations on Italian style vinaigrette. Most are based on mixing one part vinegar with three parts oil. Change the type of vinegar, the type of oil, add herbs, spices, aromatics, and you get hundreds of possibilities. Here’s one my wife came up with that we use all the time.
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- ⅓ cup inexpensive balsamic vinegar
- 8 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Morton Coarse Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons Dijon-style mustard
- 3 tablespoons dried basil
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano
- 3 cups vegetable oil (you can use olive oil, but it solidifies in the fridge)
These recipes were created in US Customary measurements and the conversion to metric is being done by calculations. They should be accurate, but it is possible there could be an error. If you find one, please let us know in the comments at the bottom of the page
- Mince or press the garlic then add it to a big 1-quart bottle. Add everything else and shake, then keep the vinaigrette in the fridge. Shake well before using.