Hot dogs are nothing more than sausages created for the common man. A complete meal, including a salad and a bun that you can hold in your hand. Take it on the go or eat it where you stand, with a refreshing soda or an ice cold brew. Take your pick. Pick your condiments, but never with ketchup. Never.
Here are some links to our favorite hot dog websites.
- National Hot Dog and Sausage Council
- West Virginia Hot Dogs. Some guy named Stanton knows everything about the subject.
- Holly Eats is the home of a Cornell Hotel School grad, former restaurateur, food writer, bon vivant, and connoisseur of common cuisine, Hollister Moore. He travels, he eats roadfood, he shoots it and writes about it. Well.
- Roadfood.com is a spinoff from the superb Roadfood books by Jane and Michael Stern. Login and share your pix and opinions of lowbrow eats across the nation. There’s a lot of expertise here.
- The Hot Dog Hall of Fame. Uncle Frank’s funhouse. Check out The Presidential Wiener also his HotDogChronicles blog.