Masterbuilt GS40 40″ Vertical Gas Smoker Review
Masterbuilt’s 40″ Vertical Gas Smoker has large capacity with four chrome plated cooking racks that are approximately 22″ x 15″. Powered by a 15,400 BTU stainless steel burner, it features a porcelain coated wood chip tray and drip pan. The GS40 has two doors to facilitate replenishment of water and wood without opening the smoke box.
Many owners love these inexpensive BBQ smokers. Our posted MSRP from Masterbuilt is waaaay higher than the typical selling price. Check our Where To Buy section below to find this cooker for about half price.
GS40 40" Vertical Gas Smoker
Where to buy (buying from this supplier supports this website):
Made in USA:
Researched it from Afar
We have researched this product from afar by gathering info from the manufacturer, owners, and other reliable sources, with our BS meters on high.
1307 square inches
Large (about 64 burgers)
Published On: 9/23/2014
Last Modified: 3/2/2021
Max Good, Full time grill tester - Max Good, AmazingRibs.com's Vice President of Product Reviews & Keeper of the Flame, is the man in charge of finding the best products for the AmazingRibs.com Equipment Reviews section. Max bottles his own barbecue sauce recipes and now sells them around the country.
High quality websites are expensive to run. If you help us, we’ll pay you back bigtime with an ad-free experience and a lot of freebies!
Millions come to AmazingRibs.com every month for high quality tested recipes, tips on technique, science, mythbusting, product reviews, and inspiration. But it is expensive to run a website with more than 2,000 pages and we don’t have a big corporate partner to subsidize us.
Our most important source of sustenance is people who join our Pitmaster Club. But please don’t think of it as a donation. Members get MANY great benefits. We block all third-party ads, we give members free ebooks, magazines, interviews, webinars, more recipes, a monthly sweepstakes with prizes worth up to $2,000, discounts on products, and best of all a community of like-minded cooks free of flame wars. Click below to see all the benefits, take a free 30 day trial, and help keep this site alive.
Post comments and questions below
1) Please try the search box at the top of every page before you ask for help.
2) Try to post your question to the appropriate page.
3) Tell us everything we need to know to help such as the type of cooker and thermometer. Dial thermometers are often off by as much as 50°F so if you are not using a good digital thermometer we probably can’t help you with time and temp questions. Please read this article about thermometers.
4) If you are a member of the Pitmaster Club, your comments login is probably different.
5) Posts with links in them may not appear immediately.