Our Pitmaster Club can up your game!
• No more ads, faster page loads!
• "The Pit" forum with tons of info & scores of recipes
• Monthly newsletter
• Video seminars with top pitmasters
• Weekly podcast with news and interviews
• Comprehensive Temperature Magnet ($10 retail)
• Monthly giveaways of Gold Medal grills and smokers
• Discounts on products we love
• Educational and social Meat-Ups
• Support for Operation BBQ Relief
• Support for Global Alliance for Clean Cookstoves
• Support for AmazingRibs.com!
I am not a frequent McDonald's visitor, but sometimes, when I'm on the road and in a hurry, the steering wheel pulls in that direction. Truth be told, it is the fries that draw me in. But the "special sauce" on the Big Mac seems to be something the public craves and I get requests for it all the time. So I went to the local Mickey D's, bought three of them, scraped off the sauce, tasted it, and started mixing. By the time I thought I had it, I had to go back for two more. This comes pretty close to my palate.
1/2 cup mayonnaise
4 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
2 tablespoons yellow mustard
1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon onion powder
1 teaspoon garlic powder
Put them all in a bowl and stir with a fork to blend. Slather on two all beef patties with lettuce, cheese, pickles, and onions on a sesame seed bun.