Hit the grill for these flavorful party snacks.
Inspired by Carolyn Malcoun of Eating Well magazine, these nuts have a subtle curry flavor and a hint of lime in the background. They are not as potent as you fear.
Be sure to visit our "how-to" post on party nuts here to learn more about grill roasted nuts including the best tools for grilling the nuts, suggested ingredients for customizing this and other recipes and so much more!
Curried Lime Cashews Recipe
Curry and lime elevate homemade roasted cashews to amazing new levels of flavor.
Course. Appetizer. Side Dish. Snack.
Makes. 1 pound
Preparation time. 15 minutes
Cooking time. 30 minutes
Cooling time. 2 hours
1 pound raw cashews
5 tablespoons lime juice
5 tablespoons curry powder
1 tablespoon Morton's kosher salt
1) Fire up. Preheat your grill/smoker to 225°F in the indirect zone.
2) Prep. Soak the nuts in water for 10 minutes and drain well.
3) Mix the lime juice with the curry powder and salt, stir in the nuts and coat.
4) Cook. Place on an oiled grill topper and smoke for 30 minutes, stirring and flipping after 15 minutes.
6) Take the nuts off of the grill, spread the out in a pan, and let them cool and harden thoroughly for about 2 hours.
7) Serve. Once the nuts have cooled, serve them or store them in an airtight container.