Hit the grill for these flavorful party snacks.
Inspired by Carolyn Malcoun of Eating Well magazine, these nuts have a subtle curry flavor and a hint of lime in the background. They are not as potent as you fear.
Be sure to visit our “how-to” post on party nuts here to learn more about grill roasted nuts including the best tools for grilling the nuts, suggested ingredients for customizing this and other recipes and so much more!
- A grill topper with small holes is needed to keep the nuts from jumping into the fire.
- 1 pound raw cashews
- 5 tablespoons lime juice
- 5 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 tablespoon Morton Coarse Kosher Salt
These recipes were created in US Customary measurements and the conversion to metric is being done by calculations. They should be accurate, but it is possible there could be an error. If you find one, please let us know in the comments at the bottom of the page
- Fire up. Preheat your grill/smoker to 225°F/107°C in the indirect zone.
- Prep. Soak the nuts in water for 10 minutes and drain well.
- Mix the lime juice with the curry powder and salt, stir in the nuts and coat.
- Cook. Place on an oiled grill topper and smoke for 30 minutes, stirring and flipping after 15 minutes.
- Cool. Take the nuts off of the grill, spread the out in a pan, and let them cool and harden thoroughly for about 2 hours.
- Serve. Once the nuts have cooled, serve them or store them in an airtight container.