Here’s your spicy seasoning for gumbo, jambalaya, and crawfish etoufee. It also works well rubbed on pork, chicken and turkey. Or taste it in Oysters Grilled with Roasted Garlic Butter and Romano.
This recipe is adapted with permission from Fire It Up: 400 Recipes for Grilling Everything by Andrew Schloss and our editor, David Joachim. This book is full of recipes for grilling unusual meats like goat, bison, elk, venison, goose, and ostrich.
- 1 tablespoon American style paprika
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
These recipes were created in US Customary measurements and the conversion to metric is being done by calculations. They should be accurate, but it is possible there could be an error. If you find one, please let us know in the comments at the bottom of the page
- Mix everything together. Store in a tightly closed container for up to 1 month.