The Tex-Mex fave, the fajita, is a rolled up sandwich with a tortilla instead of leavened bread, and it is usually made with grilled skirt steak. When I interviewed Bobby Flay in November 2009 about his Thanksgiving plans, the restaurateur, author, and celebrity chef, demonstrated how he makes fajitas with leftover turkey.
Spotlight on our favorite products
Bring The Heat With Broil King Signet’s Dual Tube Burners
The Broil King Signet 320 is a modestly priced, 3-burner gas grill that packs a lot of value and power under the hood including dual-tube burners that are able to achieve high, searing temps that rival most comparatively priced gas grills. Click here to read our complete review.
– THIS IS NOT AN AD –
- 1 ripe Hass avocado
- ¼ cup Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon diced fresh jalapeño pepper (optional)
- 1 fresh lime
- ½ teaspoon Morton Coarse Kosher Salt and pepper
- 1 large red onion
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups leftover shredded turkey
- 4 large flour tortillas
These recipes were created in US Customary measurements and the conversion to metric is being done by calculations. They should be accurate, but it is possible there could be an error. If you find one, please let us know in the comments at the bottom of the page
- Peel, pit, and chop the avocado, and juice the lime. Combine the avocado and lime juice with the mayonnaise and jalapeno pepper in a blender or food processor add a splash of water and puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Scrape into a bowl.
- Cut the onion in half and slice it and the pepper thinly. Heat the oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Add the onion and pepper and cook until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the cumin and cook for 1 minute. Add the turkey and cook until just heated through and stir in the chopped cilantro.
- Place the tortillas on a plate, cover with a damp paper towel, and microwave on high heat for 40 seconds to warm through. Put some of the turkey mixture in the center of each tortilla, drizzle with some of the Creamy Avocado Sauce, roll and eat.
High quality websites are expensive to run. If you help us, we’ll pay you back bigtime with an ad-free experience and a lot of freebies!
Millions come to AmazingRibs.com every month for high quality tested recipes, tips on technique, science, mythbusting, product reviews, and inspiration. But it is expensive to run a website with more than 2,000 pages and we don’t have a big corporate partner to subsidize us.
Our most important source of sustenance is people who join our Pitmaster Club. But please don’t think of it as a donation. Members get MANY great benefits. We block all third-party ads, we give members free ebooks, magazines, interviews, webinars, more recipes, a monthly sweepstakes with prizes worth up to $2,000, discounts on products, and best of all a community of like-minded cooks free of flame wars. Click below to see all the benefits, take a free 30 day trial, and help keep this site alive.
Post comments and questions below
1) Please try the search box at the top of every page before you ask for help.
2) Try to post your question to the appropriate page.
3) Tell us everything we need to know to help such as the type of cooker and thermometer. Dial thermometers are often off by as much as 50°F so if you are not using a good digital thermometer we probably can’t help you with time and temp questions. Please read this article about thermometers.
4) If you are a member of the Pitmaster Club, your comments login is probably different.
5) Posts with links in them may not appear immediately.