Grilling and chilling is the secret to the most delicious margarita you’ve ever tasted!
Just in time for Cinco de Mayo, the classic frozen margarita gets a smoky blast in this recipe for Grilled Lime Margaritas! Citrus is first charred on the grill before being combined with good quality tequila, triple sec, sugar, and ice then blended to chilled perfection so you can serve it alongside grilled guacamole, grilled salsa, or other grilled Mexican inspired dishes!
- 4 limes
- 2 tablespoons triple sec (1 ounce)
- 1/2 cup good quality tequila (4 ounces)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 cups ice
- 1/2 cup coarse salt to rim the glasses (optional)
- Prep. Cut three limes in half. Cut half of the fourth lime into 1/4-inch slices. Cut the remaining half lime in to two wedges.
- Fire up. Prepare a grill for medium-high heat cooking, approximately 400°F.
- Cook. Place the halved limes on the grill cut side down and allow them to grill until lightly charred and softened, approximately 4-5 minutes. Remove limes from the grill and allow them to cool.
- Blend. Juice enough of the grilled limes to create 1/4 cup juice. Combine the lime juice, triple sec, tequila, sugar, and ice in a blender and blend until slushy.
- For salted rims, rub lime wedges along the edges of 2 margarita glasses. Pour salt onto a plate and dip glasses in the salt to coat the edges.
- Serve. Pour margaritas into the glasses, garnish with limes, and serve immediately.