This cut resistant glove looks and feels like armor.
Victorinox (Ansi 9) Saf.T.Gard Stainless Steel Mesh Glove will conduct electricity and will not withstand the force of power driven blades, saws and tools. It can, however, make direct contact with food products and can be cleaned with chemicals commonly used for food processing equipment. An ambidextrous glove, it can also be repaired and reconditioned by authorized service centers. For claims made within 5 days of purchase, Victorinox will replace the glove free of charge or refund the purchase price. This glove earned ANSI’s highest level of cut and puncture protection (9). Available in XS, S, M, L and XL. Sold individually, not in pairs. Expensive.
Protection and Performance
- Back-of-hand protection – No penetration
- Cut protection in palm area – No penetration
- Finger protection – No penetration
- Puncture protection – No penetration
- Durability – Extremely durable, and should last for years
- Wet – Very good
- Greasy – Slightly slippery, like wearing tire chains on your hand
- Consistency – Can be a tiny bit slippery
- Overall comfort – Comfortable, if a bit like medieval armor (some people wear a cotton glove inside, while others suggest nitrile gloves over the outside)
- Overall fit – Large, so order one size smaller than you normally would for a more snug fit
- Dexterity – No loss of dexterity, but a tiny bit awkward until you get used to them (an inner cotton glove improves the feel)