Illuminate your grill with the Cuisinart Grilluminate.
The Grilluminate easily attaches to hood handles on most gas grills.
Six very bright LEDs affixed to the end of a metal tube extend downward far enough to clear the bottom of the hood and deliver more light than one might expect from a compact, battery powered device.
Made of metal, not plastic, the body is weather and heat resistant. With three AA batteries, Grilluminate can be angled back and forth to adjust the target, but on our test grill with over 450 square inches of cook surface, that was unnecessary. It has an adaptable clamp that can open and close down to accommodate different shaped handles. Or you can slide it out of the clamp and it stands on its magnetic base. Because it clamps on it does stick out from the grill, so if you walk too close you can bump into it, but that never bothered me.
High quality websites are expensive to run. If you help us, we’ll pay you back bigtime with an ad-free experience and a lot of freebies!
Millions come to AmazingRibs.com every month for high quality tested recipes, tips on technique, science, mythbusting, product reviews, and inspiration. But it is expensive to run a website with more than 2,000 pages and we don’t have a big corporate partner to subsidize us.
Our most important source of sustenance is people who join our Pitmaster Club. But please don’t think of it as a donation. Members get MANY great benefits. We block all third-party ads, we give members free ebooks, magazines, interviews, webinars, more recipes, a monthly sweepstakes with prizes worth up to $2,000, discounts on products, and best of all a community of like-minded cooks free of flame wars. Click below to see all the benefits, take a free 30 day trial, and help keep this site alive.
Post comments and questions below
1) Please try the search box at the top of every page before you ask for help.
2) Try to post your question to the appropriate page.
3) Tell us everything we need to know to help such as the type of cooker and thermometer. Dial thermometers are often off by as much as 50°F so if you are not using a good digital thermometer we probably can’t help you with time and temp questions. Please read this article about thermometers.
4) If you are a member of the Pitmaster Club, your comments login is probably different.
5) Posts with links in them may not appear immediately.