Thick-cut bacon meets the sweet and crunchy flavors of pecan pralines in a recipe that’s sure to become a favorite among your family and friends!
- 1 small saucepan
- 1 sheetpan (make sure that the pan will fit on your grill)
- Aluminum foil
- 1 wire rack
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn syrup
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup shelled pecans
- 1/2 pound thick cut bacon (approximately 6 slices)
These recipes were created in US Customary measurements and the conversion to metric is being done by calculations. They should be accurate, but it is possible there could be an error. If you find one, please let us know in the comments at the bottom of the page
- Prep. Finely chop the pecans and set aside.
- Line the sheet pan with foil. Set the wire rack on top of the foil. Lay the bacon slices on the wire rack.
- Cook. Place a small saucepan on the grill and add the brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, and vanilla extract. Simmer for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently until the ingredients are completely combined and the mixture has reached a caramel sauce-like consistency. If the mixture starts to boil, momentarily move the saucepan to the cool side of the grill.
- Prep again. Brush the top of the bacon slices with the brown sugar mixture then cover with chopped pecans.
- Place the sheet pan on the grill and cover the grill.
- Allow the bacon to cook for 20 minutes then check for doneness. If the bacon isn’t browned and crisp, cover the grill and cook the bacon for an additional 5 minutes then check again and repeat until the bacon is done.
- Remove the sheet pan from the grill and allow the bacon to cool completely before removing it from the baking rack with a spatula.
- Serve. Either plate the bacon or place it into a mason jar and serve immediately.