Create a variety of charcoal configurations thanks to this unique kettle grill add-on.
The Vortex is a cone of 20 gauge 304 grade stainless steel. It is designed to work in Weber Kettle and kamado cookers and can be used four different ways to create two zones of direct and indirect heat.
The four setups are simple and straightforward. You can put charcoal inside the vortex or around the outside of the Vortex and you can set the Vortex in your cooker with the wide side up or down. The Vortex is a nice idea, but not as good as the or Slow ‘N Sear.
The Vortex comes in several sizes: Mini, Small, Medium and Large. Prices vary from $34.95 for the Mini to $42.95 for the Large size.
Click here to check prices and order a Vortex from the manufacturer
High quality websites are expensive to run. If you help us, we’ll pay you back bigtime with an ad-free experience and a lot of freebies!
Millions come to AmazingRibs.com every month for high quality tested recipes, tips on technique, science, mythbusting, product reviews, and inspiration. But it is expensive to run a website with more than 2,000 pages and we don’t have a big corporate partner to subsidize us.
Our most important source of sustenance is people who join our Pitmaster Club. But please don’t think of it as a donation. Members get MANY great benefits. We block all third-party ads, we give members free ebooks, magazines, interviews, webinars, more recipes, a monthly sweepstakes with prizes worth up to $2,000, discounts on products, and best of all a community of like-minded cooks free of flame wars. Click below to see all the benefits, take a free 30 day trial, and help keep this site alive.
Post comments and questions below
1) Please try the search box at the top of every page before you ask for help.
2) Try to post your question to the appropriate page.
3) Tell us everything we need to know to help such as the type of cooker and thermometer. Dial thermometers are often off by as much as 50°F so if you are not using a good digital thermometer we probably can’t help you with time and temp questions. Please read this article about thermometers.
4) If you are a member of the Pitmaster Club, your comments login is probably different.
5) Posts with links in them may not appear immediately.