If we have helped you become a better cook, please become a Pitmaster Club member and help us become a better website. Benefits for members include:
(1) Seminars with famous Pitmaster Professors
(2) Access to The Pit forum and scores of new friends
(3) An expanded Temperature Guide Magnet that selles for $9.95
(4) Gold Medal Giveaways of free grills and smokers
(5) Support for Operation BBQ Relief
Barbecue has been used as a tool in American political campaigns for more than a century. But no politician ever used the conviviality and informality of cooking and eating outdoors than the 36th President, Lyndon Baines Johnson, who stepped away from the Oval Office more than 40 years ago.
The humor magazine/website, The Onion, has done it again. They've nailed a spoof of the travel food show with an eight part series called "Porkin Across America." The host is traveling across the nation sampling pork dishes while trying to hold his life together back at home.