Chicken satay is served all over Asia and it’s usually seasoned with a blend of spices heavy on turmeric. That’s how it gets that golden color. My blend also includes ground coriander, ginger powder, chile powder, black pepper, brown sugar, and a few other spices. It’s perfect on chicken, pork, beef, goat, lamb or tofu skewers. Try the chicken recipe with peanut dipping sauce here. It even tastes great on grill roasted peanuts!
Spotlight on our favorite products
The Undisputed Champion!
ThermoWorks’ Thermapen ONE provides an accurate reading in one second or less. The ONE also includes features that are common on high-end instruments: automatic backlight, rotating display, and water resistant seals. Don’t accept cheap substitutes.
Click here to read our comprehensive Platinum Medal review
– THIS IS NOT AN AD –
Makes:About 2 1/2 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
These recipes were created in US Customary measurements and the conversion to metric is being done by calculations. They should be accurate, but it is possible there could be an error. If you find one, please let us know in the comments at the bottom of the page
- Mix. Dump everything into a bowl and mix it together. Store in a tightly sealed jar in a dark place.
High quality websites are expensive to run. If you help us, we’ll pay you back bigtime with an ad-free experience and a lot of freebies!
Millions come to AmazingRibs.com every month for high quality tested recipes, tips on technique, science, mythbusting, product reviews, and inspiration. But it is expensive to run a website with more than 2,000 pages and we don’t have a big corporate partner to subsidize us.
Our most important source of sustenance is people who join our Pitmaster Club. But please don’t think of it as a donation. Members get MANY great benefits. We block all third-party ads, we give members free ebooks, magazines, interviews, webinars, more recipes, a monthly sweepstakes with prizes worth up to $2,000, discounts on products, and best of all a community of like-minded cooks free of flame wars. Click below to see all the benefits, take a free 30 day trial, and help keep this site alive.
Post comments and questions below
1) Please try the search box at the top of every page before you ask for help.
2) Try to post your question to the appropriate page.
3) Tell us everything we need to know to help such as the type of cooker and thermometer. Dial thermometers are often off by as much as 50°F so if you are not using a good digital thermometer we probably can’t help you with time and temp questions. Please read this article about thermometers.
4) If you are a member of the Pitmaster Club, your comments login is probably different.
5) Posts with links in them may not appear immediately.