Chicken satay is served all over Asia and it’s usually seasoned with a blend of spices heavy on turmeric. That’s how it gets that golden color. My blend also includes ground coriander, ginger powder, chile powder, black pepper, brown sugar, and a few other spices. It’s perfect on chicken, pork, beef, goat, lamb or tofu skewers. Try the chicken recipe with peanut dipping sauce here. It even tastes great on grill roasted peanuts!
Makes:About 2 1/2 tablespoons
- 2 teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chile powder
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon finely ground black pepper
These recipes were created in US Customary measurements and the conversion to metric is being done by calculations. They should be accurate, but it is possible there could be an error. If you find one, please let us know in the comments at the bottom of the page
- Mix. Dump everything into a bowl and mix it together. Store in a tightly sealed jar in a dark place.