If you’re a fan of Thai satay then you’re sure to fall in love with this unique grilled twist on roasted peanuts.
Be sure to visit our “>here to learn more about grill roasted nuts including the best tools for grilling the nuts, suggested ingredients for customizing this and other recipes and so much more!
These recipes were created in US Customary measurements and the conversion to metric is being done by calculations. They should be accurate, but it is possible there could be an error. If you find one, please let us know in the comments at the bottom of the page
- Fire up. Preheat your grill/smoker to 225°F (107°C) in the indirect zone.
- Prep. Wet the nuts with running water and then put them on a grill topper and smoke for 30 minutes. Stir and flip them after about 15 minutes.
- Cook. Preheat a wok or large skillet over medium high heat. Add the oil and let it heat for about 30 seconds, then add the nuts, and stir fry for about 30 seconds more. Add the salt, sugar, and satay and stir fry until both dissolve, about 4 minutes until it goes amber but not brown. Be very careful not to burn the sugar or the nuts.
- Cool. Pour onto a nonstick surface and cool thoroughly.
- Serve. Once the nuts have cooled completely, serve immediately or store in an airtight container.