Ready for a new rig? Believe it or not, a brand new, good quality gas grill, smoker, or pellet grill doesn’t have to break the bank. For many folks, the sweet spot is about 500 bucks. That kind of money, or even a little less, will buy you a very good piece of machinery that you can rely on for years to make steaks, burgers, chicken, brisket, ribs, pulled pork, and just about anything else you throw at it. These 7 grills and smokers are all winners of our highest honor, the AmazingRibs.com Platinum Medal for Best Value. These cookers have been tested, rated, and reviewed by Max Good, our full-time tester of outdoor cooking equipment, so you can be sure that you are getting a solid unit that is worth the money. To read the full reviews of these cookers, click the links below.
Published On: 7/1/2019 Last Modified: 4/23/2021
High quality websites are expensive to run. If you help us, we’ll pay you back bigtime with an ad-free experience and a lot of freebies!
Millions come to AmazingRibs.com every month for high quality tested recipes, tips on technique, science, mythbusting, product reviews, and inspiration. But it is expensive to run a website with more than 2,000 pages and we don’t have a big corporate partner to subsidize us.
Our most important source of sustenance is people who join our Pitmaster Club. But please don’t think of it as a donation. Members get MANY great benefits. We block all third-party ads, we give members free ebooks, magazines, interviews, webinars, more recipes, a monthly sweepstakes with prizes worth up to $2,000, discounts on products, and best of all a community of like-minded cooks free of flame wars. Click below to see all the benefits, take a free 30 day trial, and help keep this site alive.
Post comments and questions below
1) Please try the search box at the top of every page before you ask for help.
2) Try to post your question to the appropriate page.
3) Tell us everything we need to know to help such as the type of cooker and thermometer. Dial thermometers are often off by as much as 50°F so if you are not using a good digital thermometer we probably can’t help you with time and temp questions. Please read this article about thermometers.
4) If you are a member of the Pitmaster Club, your comments login is probably different.
5) Posts with links in them may not appear immediately.