Whether you’re a fan of White Castle sliders or not, you’re sure to fall in love with this stuffing recipe.
If you’ve ever heard of the all elusive White Castle stuffing, here’s the recipe to get it done at home. This flavorful stuffing is not only great for stepping up your Thanksgiving feast, it is the perfect side dish any time of the year. The best part is that the recipe is cooked on the grill, freeing up valuable space in the kitchen.
Serve with: Red wine.
- 10 White Castle hamburger sliders, with onions but no pickles, no ketchup, no mustard
- 6 ribs of celery
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1/2 teaspoons crumbled dried sage
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Prep. Chop up the burgers into bite size chunks, about 1/2" chunks and dump them into a bowl. Dice the celery to create about 1 1/2 cups.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Get a baking pan and coat the insides well with butter. Scoop in the stuffing and level it off.
- Fire up. Preheat your grill in a 2-zone setup to 325°F in the indirect side or just heat your indoor oven to 325°F.
- Cook. Bake on the indirect side, uncovered, for about 30 minutes until it is golden and crisp on top, and at least 145°F in the center.
- Serve. Remove the stuffing from the grill and serve immediately.