Smoked ice is the secret to the best Bloody Mary you’ve ever experienced.
The Bloody Mary is the classic eye-opener, 19th holer, hair of the dog, and a chance to drink your veggies. The Bloody Mary has a name that cannot be forgotten and is the breakfast drink of choice for millions of Americans on a Sunday, and more than a few a few Mondays.
The Smoked Bloody Mary is made with my secret ingredient: Smoked ice. Adding to the BBQ and grilling vibe, this cocktail recipe also includes a dash of BBQ sauce, dry rub, and bacon. This is an absolute must, cranking a great drink all the way up to 11.
Serve with: your favorite brunch menu items.
- 4 ounces V8 juice
- 1 1/2 ounces 80 proof unflavored vodka
- 1 ounce Kansas City style BBQ sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dill pickle juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon bottled horseradish in vinegar (not creamy horseradish)
- 1 or 2 squirts of Tabasco Chipotle sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon Morton Coarse Kosher Salt
- 2 pinches black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Meathead's Memphis Dust
- 1 slice of cooked bacon
- 1 lime wedge for garnishing
- 5 cubes smoked ice
These recipes were created in US Customary measurements and the conversion to metric is being done by calculations. They should be accurate, but it is possible there could be an error. If you find one, please let us know in the comments at the bottom of the page
- Prep. Make the smoked ice.
- Mix or shake together the V8 juice, vodka, barbecue sauce, lime juice, Worcestershire, pickle juice, horseradish, hot sauce, salt, and pepper.
- Pour the Meathead's Memphis Dust into a small plate like a coffee saucer and spread it out evenly. Take the lime wedge and run it around the rim of a tall (highball) glass to moisten it. Invert the glass and place it on the spice mix and twist it until the rim is well coated.
- Serve. Add the bacon first, then the smoked ice, pour the drink over the rocks, and hang the lime wedge on the lip of the glass. Serve immediately.