Bold and savory, these grill roasted beer nuts are an instant hit.
A splash of Worcestershire, black pepper, garlic, cumin, and hot sauce make these homemade roasted nuts taste reminiscent of beef. Don’t worry, you’ll barely notice the spicy heat. Wash these down with your favorite beer.
Be sure to visit our “how-to” post on party nuts here to learn more about grill roasted nuts, including the best tools for grilling the nuts, suggested ingredients for customizing this recipe, additional recipes, and so much more!
- 1 tablespoon Morton coarse kosher salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon finely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot red pepper sauce
- 1 pound raw pecan halves or almonds
These recipes were created in US Customary measurements and the conversion to metric is being done by calculations. They should be accurate, but it is possible there could be an error. If you find one, please let us know in the comments at the bottom of the page
- Fire up. Preheat your grill/smoker to 225°F in the indirect zone.
- Prep. In a bowl, mix together the salt, cumin, paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper. Add the wet ingredients and stir. Add the nuts and coat.
- Cook. Place on an oiled grill topper and smoke for 30 minutes, stirring and flipping after 15 minutes.
- Cool. Take the nuts off the grill, spread them out in a pan and let them cool and harden thoroughly for about 2 hours.
- Serve. Once cooled, serve the nuts immediately or store in an airtight container.