Pea-can or pa-con? Any way you say it, this grill roasted nut recipe is a surefire hit!
Step up your ordinary party snacks thanks to this delicious recipe for grill roasted candied pecans featuring real maple syrup and ginger.
Be sure to visit our “how-to” post on party nuts here to learn more about grill roasted nuts including the best tools for grilling the nuts, suggested ingredients for customizing this and other recipes and so much more!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound raw pecan halves
- ¼ cup grade B maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ginger powder
- ½ teaspoon Morton coarse kosher salt
These recipes were created in US Customary measurements and the conversion to metric is being done by calculations. They should be accurate, but it is possible there could be an error. If you find one, please let us know in the comments at the bottom of the page
- Fire up. Preheat your grill/smoker to 225°F in the indirect zone.
- Cook. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the nuts and coat. Stir in the maple syrup, ginger, and salt.
- Place on an oiled grill topper and smoke for 30 minutes, stirring and flipping after 15 minutes. Take them off, spread the out in a pan and let them cool and harden thoroughly for about 2 hours.
- Serve. Once the nuts have cooled completely, serve or store in an airtight container.