You're sure to go nuts over this flavorful and sinfully delicious grilled candied pecans recipe.
Start your next backyard bash off with a bang thanks to this delicious grill roasted seasoned pecans recipe. Be sure to visit our "how-to" post on party nuts here to learn more about grill roasted nuts including the best tools for grilling the nuts, suggested ingredients for customizing this and other recipes and so much more!
Grill Roasted Pecans Recipe
Egg whites give these sweet grilled snacks an nice crunchy crust and the cinnamon, cloves, and ginger make it exotic and fragrant. They remind me of the marvelous treats they sell on Chicago's Navy Pier.
Course. Appetizer. Side Dish. Snack.
Makes. 1 pound
Preparation time. 15 minutes
Cooking time. 30 minutes
Cooling time. 2 hours
2 egg whites (2 ounces of Egg Beaters Original)
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teapoon ground clove powder
1 teaspoon ginger powder
2 teaspoons Morton's kosher salt
1 pound raw pecan halves
About the Egg Beaters Original. According to the manufacturer "Egg Beaters are 99% all natural egg whites. Then we add back in the vitamins and minerals that are lost when the yolk is removed. Egg Beaters are naturally colored with beta-carotene, so Egg Beaters aren't just deliciously easy„they're also naturally delicious."
1) Fire up. Preheat your grill/smoker to 225°F in the indirect zone.
2) Prep. Mix together the sugar, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, and salt in a small bowl.
3) Add 1 teaspoon of cold water to the egg white in a large bowl. Beat with a whisk until it forms soft peaks.
4) Stir in the pecans, sugar and spice and everything nice. Coat evenly.
5) Cook. Place on an oiled grill topper and smoke for 30 minutes, stirring and flipping after 15 minutes. Take them off, spread the out in a pan and let them cool and harden thoroughly for about 2 hours.
6) Serve. Once cooled, serve immediately or store in an airtight container.