Each year, over 100 million people gather in front of their televisions to watch the biggest winner-take-all showdown in US sports — the Super Bowl. And on any other Sunday, tens of millions watch football from their couch.
Some are there to root on their favorite team; some to boo a long hated rival; and some to simply catch the amazing commercials. Regardless of why you are tuning in, it’s the food that will really make game day special.
Over the past couple of NFL seasons, one of the hottest trends in Super Bowl spreads has been the food stadium, a.k.a. the Snackadium. Filled to the brim with a variety of tasty grab-and-go eats, these stadium shaped centerpieces are certain to make your viewing party the talk of the town.
Feeling industrious? You can build your own stadium structure similar to the monstrous model I created for Kingsford charcoal.
If, however, you don?t want to commit the time and resources necessary to cmake your own, there are several pre-fabricated stadiums on the market, including this one from Amazon.
What to cook for couchgating
With the structure in place, you only need to fill it with an array of your favorite grilled and smoked foods. We recommend food that doesn’t need a knife and fork, and the best choices can be eaten with one hand so the other is free to hold the beer. To get you started on the ultimate game day menu, here are a few of our tried-and-true Super Bowl food stadium recipes. Don’t forget plewnty of napkins.
- Last Meal Ribs
- Chinatown Ribs
- Smoked Rib Tips
- Blasphemy Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Smoked Miso Wings
- Herbed Rack of Lamb Lollipops Recipe
- Grilled Bacon Wrapped Shrimp
- Pork Cracklins Recipe
- Texas Style Chili Con Carne Recipe
- Disney-Style Smoked Turkey Legs Recipe
- Mussels Mariniere Recipe: Great Finger Food from France
- Pulled Pork (for Sliders or BBQ Nachos)
- Smoky Sloppy Joe Sliders
- Hot Dogs from Across the Country
- Hamburger sliders
- Pimento Cheese
- Brat Tub
- Korean Kalbi (Marinated and Grilled Short Ribs)
- Beef Brisket (for Sliders or BBQ Nachos)
- Italian Beef
- Rockin Reuben Sandwich Recipe
- Smoky Sloppy Joes Recipe
- Real McRib Sandwiches
- Smoked BBQ Brisket, Texas Style, Technique And Recipe – We’ll Hold Your Hand (A packer will feed a crowd)
- Pimento Cheese Recipe: Carolina Caviar
- Candied Bacon
- Smoked Jalapeno Poppers
- Sweet Potato Fries
- Colorful Pickled Eggs Recipe
- Homemade Boursin-Style Cheese Spread Recipe
- Smoked Jalapeño Poppers Recipe
- Smoked Ice Recipe Amps Up Cocktails
- Pico de Gallo and Grilled Salsa Roja Recipes
And no matter what John Madden says, no Turducken!
(Food stadium images courtesy of Kingsford.com)
High quality websites are expensive to run. If you help us, we’ll pay you back bigtime with an ad-free experience and a lot of freebies!
Millions come to AmazingRibs.com every month for high quality tested recipes, tips on technique, science, mythbusting, product reviews, and inspiration. But it is expensive to run a website with more than 2,000 pages and we don’t have a big corporate partner to subsidize us.
Our most important source of sustenance is people who join our Pitmaster Club. But please don’t think of it as a donation. Members get MANY great benefits. We block all third-party ads, we give members free ebooks, magazines, interviews, webinars, more recipes, a monthly sweepstakes with prizes worth up to $2,000, discounts on products, and best of all a community of like-minded cooks free of flame wars. Click below to see all the benefits, take a free 30 day trial, and help keep this site alive.
Post comments and questions below
1) Please try the search box at the top of every page before you ask for help.
2) Try to post your question to the appropriate page.
3) Tell us everything we need to know to help such as the type of cooker and thermometer. Dial thermometers are often off by as much as 50°F so if you are not using a good digital thermometer we probably can’t help you with time and temp questions. Please read this article about thermometers.
4) If you are a member of the Pitmaster Club, your comments login is probably different.
5) Posts with links in them may not appear immediately.